29. Heart Out.

Guess who's back, back again.

Yas is back, tell a friend!

RECAP:

 Zoey found out that Nico's departure to England is in less than twenty-four hours. He convinced her to forget about it for the time being. They were at his going away party, when Zoey got overwhelmed by her emotions and left, crying. James encouraged her to make him stay. Now, they were about to face reality.

-

"what does it even mean to be human? 'cause when I see you, I see an explosion in the sky. I see a supernova, I see the reflection of the full moon in the ocean and when I touch you, I am touching the beginning of everything. I see you for what you are, and quite simply, my love, you are my universe." –from Dakota Wint's a nervous wreck faking fine

Nicolas Bear Forrest

             "WE'RE going to have to un-pause, now, aren't we?" I said, watching her struggle to hide her tears. She gulped and took a step towards me. The hue of her hair was almost black in this light.

"Indeed," her eyes met mine. They held mettle and courage.

I wished I could go back to any moment other than this. Because any fight we had ever had wouldn't match up to the one we were about to have. If I could, I would kiss her again. I faced her anger more than once, but I'd never seen her so upset. It was as if someone twisted one of my arteries—seeing her in this state hurt my entire body.

She took a huge breath, "I don't want to fight with you."

"You know I never want to," I grabbed her hand and led her to the porch. We sat on the steps. She put her hands on her knees and faced me.

"What's your reason? Your motive, whatever. Why do you want to leave?" she asked.

I couldn't look at her in the eyes. "This isn't where I belong. This isn't my home; I can't see myself going to college here. I have a life back home. My friends, my mum, everything I know—it's over there. My dad and I, we made a deal the second I landed here. If I wanted to stay, I could. If I didn't want to, I could go back."

"Your dad's here, Forrest," she replied. "You're going to leave him?"

"We'll see each other on holidays. We're both fine with it."

"Where are you going to live?"

I admired the way my shirt was loose on her, the way she did it more justice than I could have ever. "With my cousin, Adrian. He has a flat in London."

"When's the flight?"

"10 a.m. I need to get there at least two hours before."

She let out a shaky breath, took out her phone and stared at the time. A frown appeared on her features, then a thoughtful expression. She tucked in a shorter strand of her hair behind her ear.

9:55 p.m.

"I'll make you a deal," she said.

"I'm all ears."

Truthfully, I preferred a calm Zoey over a mental one. Yet her freakish tranquility was bizarre. The Zoey I knew would have thrown a fit.

My previous plan was to simply refrain from telling her. I wanted to avoid her tears and her protests; I hoped that my last time seeing her was the last mail delivery today; when the taste of her lips and her smile were the remainder of her in my eyes. But my dad, being the man he was, spilled the beans and here I was.