Arc 4: Chapter 80

The next day, Hera was sitting in her room, stroking the head of a young man who was lying on her lap to gain her affection.

She smiled in satisfaction as she admired his face. Then the door to her room was knocked. She frowned at the disruption.

"Come in." she ordered coldly.

The butler with dark blue hair and eyes walked in and bowed. "Good afternoon your highness. I would like to speak to you privately."

Hera sighed and dismissed the young man out of her room.

"What is it?" she asked annoyed.

The butler walked closer and leaned into her ear, whispering something. Her eyes widened in anger as she furiously looked at the butler,

"What? The auction has been found out?"

-

Elenor was spending time with Ray who was playing outside in the garden of the west building.

Almost all the guests that were living in the same building as her had already left to return back to their own home.

Ray was running around, trying to catch the butterflies that fluttered around while Elenor sat under a tree together with Rosina and Isabella.

The three were having a small tea time while reading.

"I'm surprised Isabella started liking books." Elenor teased as she watched Isabella being immersed in her reading.

Isabella flushed red before clearing her throat, "I only decided to give it a try!"

Rosina giggled at her reaction. Elenor did the same and didn't say anything else, allowing her to concentrate on her book once more.

Elenor turned back to Ray, "Don't run so fast or else you'll fall!" she warned him.

"Yes big sister!-" Ray's foot hit against a rock, causing him to trip and fall.

He closed his eyes tightly, preparing for the fall but felt strong arms catching him. He opened his eyes and looked up at his saviour.

"Are you alright?" Judas asked worriedly, holding Ray in his arms.

"Yes..thank you!" Ray said before quickly getting out of Judas' hold and ran back to where Elenor was at.

"Are you alright Ray?! You didn't get hurt did you?" Elenor asked, checking his body and making sure he didn't hurt himself other than tripping over a rock.

"No I'm fine sister.." Ray replied to her before bringing himself into her arms, snuggling.

She smiled happily, running her fingers through his hair as she hugged him. Then she remembered she was in front of Judas' presence.

"Good afternoon Prince Judas, I didn't expect to see you around this area." Elenor greeted.

Elenor, Rosina and Isabella wanted to stand up to greet him properly but he shook his head, not minding that they continued sitting.

"What brings you to this side?" Elenor asked with Ray still clinging onto her as he briefly glanced over at Judas who smiled gently at him.

"I was looking for you Lady Elenor."

"Me?"

Judas sheepishly smiled and nodded, "Yes I was wondering if you would like to go around the capital today."

"The capital?"

"I heard there will be a festival held."

"Festival?" Ray spoke instead of Elenor, looking up at Judas with sparkly eyes.

Judas bent down. He was now the same eye level as Ray. He chuckled and nodded,

"Yup and they have very delicious food."

"Will there be sweets?" Ray quietly asked.

"Of course."

"Sister can we go?" Ray turned back to Elenor, tugging on her dress.

She nodded immediately, unable to say no to Ray's puppy eyes. "If Ray wants to go, we can."

"We can leave right away if you like." Judas suggested.

Elenor nodded, getting up together with Ray. "That would be good. Do you two want to follow us?"

"No you and Ray can go ahead with his highness." Rosina declined her offer.

Isabella nodded agreeing with Rosina. Elenor smiled, "Alright, we'll be back later."

"Take care!"

Judas together with Elenor and Ray, left to the festival. Ray was looking outside the carriage window, interested in everything outside.

Elenor had a small smile on her face as she watched over Ray. Seeing him have fun made her warm inside.

"He seems excited." Judas commented, taking Elenor's attention from Ray to him.

She chuckled, "He hasn't gone out in a long time."

Judas shot a warm smile at her, "I hope you two will have fun at the festival."

When they reached the capital, Ray got off the carriage, excitedly. His eyes shone brightly as he looked at the bright colours all around the capital.

"Stay close to us, Ray, or else we might lose each other." Elenor warned.

Ray nodded, "Yes sister!"

"Pft!" Judas let out a small laugh earning both Ray and Elenor's attention.

He shyly shook his head and smiled, "No it just reminds me of the past.."

"Right, Prince Judas is older than the princess right?"

Judas smiled but it wavered, "That's right. I'm four years older than her."

Elenor blinked. If he was the same age as her brother and was four years older than the princess, it would mean that she was only fifteen this year.

"She's fifteen!?" Elenor said out loud startling Judas.

He averted his eyes and stiffly nodded, "...Yes."

'She doesn't look fifteen but my age or older!' Elenor yelled in her thoughts.

"Ah!" Ray tugged on Elenor's hand before pointing at a food stall.

Elenor laughed and nodded, "Alright, let's go get some!"

Judas watched as Elenor and Ray walked towards the stall with a nostalgic smile plastered on his face.

"Brother!!"

He quickly looked at where the voice was coming from. It was from a young girl clinging onto her brother as they walked around. He pressed his lips into a thin line.

"...Judas? Prince Judas?"

Elenor's voice brought him back from his state. He turned around and saw her along with Ray holding a bunch of food in their hands.

"Here." Elenor pushed a bag of food into his arms.

He blinked a couple of times before looking down at the bag of food. Then a cupcake came into his view.

"This is for saving me.." Ray muttered, holding the cupcake up to Judas.

Judas stared at it before a sweet smile bloomed on his face. Holding the bag of food he received from Elenor in one arm, he accepted the cupcake from Ray.

"Thank you.."

"I'm not sure what's going through your mind right now but I hope everything is alright." Elenor spoke in a gentle tone, her dress fluttering through the light breeze.

Judas kept his gaze on her for a moment before bringing his gaze downwards.

"Yes."