12

I was collecting herbs for supper, when a shadow stood over me. I look up to see Aaron before he knelt down.
"How you holding up lass?" He asked placing some herbs in the basket.
"As well as I can, but I take it your not here for Quarter day?" I said standing he chuckled. "I want to ask the Laird something. I also want you by my side when I do." I don't know what this is about, but I am curious.
"Sure just let me finish pivking herbs." I said he knelt down and started to help. he wasn't unusual for him to do so.

Clair pov
I watched Iris talking to this guy. They seem to be flirting with eachother.
"Ah Aaron is at it again. The lad is taken to her since she arrived. He helps with Alasdair while she gets some sleep. I think he is going to ask Jamie for her hand. I honestly doubt he would deny it since you know." Jenny spoke scaring me.
"I don't think he will thats his son. He wouldn't want him being raised by another man. I have talked to Jamie about taking the boy and raising him." I said only to get a death glare from her. "Do to that boy what your family did to her. Is that it really how selfish are you really." She said walkinh away. I would be doing this for her not me. I thought considering the why things are in this time. The two started walking the young man holding the basket of herbs. The loving look on his face. I knew he was head over heels for her.
"Iris can I speak with you a moment." I asked she looked confused but nods. "I will wait here for you." the lad said kissing her right hand.
I lead her into the study so the talk would be private. She sat down the room was quiet to quiet. When we were girls there was no such thing. We were so close and I know my suggestion will shatter her. Its for her own good she will see that in time. I hope so at least taking a deep breath.
"Iris Jamie and I think you should leave Alasdair with us." She looked at me before standing up. "Just because you can't get pregnant, doesn't mean you should take other people's children. If thats all Aaron is waiting or do you wanna go at him to?" She said with a sarcastic laugh.