1. What has he done to her?/Proposal of Marriage

Philippe POV
"Take her to my room." Her maid gently lifted her off the floor.

I sat down thinking of how I could explain this to her.

"We have en emergency of security your Majesty; I must ask you to accompany me." D'artagnan said whispering to me.

"Not now thee the ball, my guests also I need to be with Christine tonight." I said getting up and walking away from him.

"Furthermore ; I leave you to take care of the security." I said turning slightly to look at him/ordering him.

He bowed quickly as I continued to the leave the ballroom.

Christine sat on the bed with tears streaming down her beautiful face. Her white gown was loose slightly. She looked up at me. Her eyes were almost dead like there was no life left within them.

"Why did you kill Raoul?!?! Why did you murder the man I love and that I love still!!!"

I went towards her and sat next to her. Putting her gently in my arms.

"Look at me; please look into my eyes." She looked up at me and gasped.

For she could see that there was not one hint of evil in them.

"You are not Louis. Who are you? You are a mirror image of him except you do not have any coldness or evilness in your eyes."

"I am his brother; his twin brother. My name is Philippe." I said to her.

"It doesn't matter to me anymore nothing does." Christine said as more tears streamed down her face.

She grabbed a knife and raised it towards her heart. Philippe grabbed her quickly into his arms as the knife fell out of her hands.

"Let me go please. I will end up going to be room there is a rope I will use to hang myself. Your secret will die with me." Christine said whispering to me.

"No I won't let you die Christine. I don't want to know what my brother has done to you. Athos has told me that you are a good person and that his son loved you more anything than life it's self." I said to her trying to help her chose life and not death.

"Do you know how many times after he laid with me/made love to me; how much I hated it and grew to hate him even more? The only reason I stay here in this court is for my sister and mother. It is because they are ill and are staying at your brothers country estate. What is even wore is that I am now carrying his bastard child." She said all of this Philippe held her even closer to him rubbing her shoulders comforting her.

"Christine; listen to me. I am not my brother. I meant what I said to you in the throne room. I will make amends for what my brother has done to you." I said to her not knowing what else I could say to make her feel better.

A knock came at the door D'artagnan came in.

"Your Majesty it seems that Athos, Porthos, Aramis snuck into the palace; do you know anything about this?"

"D'artagnan his majesty has been here with me this whole time." Christine said very quickly.

"This a matter between me and him. Not you; you are the king's mistress this does not concern you." D'artagnan said snapping at her.

"You will not speak to her in that tone nor that way again. She is to be wife, a future Queen of France. She is carrying my child and heir to my throne." Philippe said menacingly at D'artagnan.

D'artagnan quickly apologized and left them the room immediately.

Philippe sat down on the bed and Christine sat next to him.

"Why did you say that to him? Philippe you cannot be with me. I will leave the palace and go to nunnery that is where I shall go. I need to ask forgiveness for what happened to Raoul; my child I can give to a family who cannot have any." Christine said while holding Philippe's hand.

"No Christine I cannot allow you to do that. You see I was in prison for six years and wore an iron mask. It was to keep my identity a secret. Louis was somehow told about me and couldn't kill me cause of the sanctity of royal blood. It was a way to keep me hidden until the day I die."

"I am asking you to marry me." I pulled out the ring that Athos told me to give to Christine.

Christine saw the ring and gasped knowing that this was the ring that belonged to Athos late wife Raoul's mother.

"Yes I will marry you. I don't know if we will ever love each other but I can see that you are a good person Philippe. I hope that we can at least get to know one another over time." She whispered to him as he nodded in agreement.

"Is there a lock on that door?" I whispered to her.

"No there is also a secret passageway into this room because of the king's security. We will be watched from now on Philippe." She whispered back to him.

"Stay here in this room just in case anyone will come in. Don't worry I will not touch you." I whispered back to her as I started to pull down the sheets on the bed.

Once the bed sheets covered both of them. Christine put her head on Philippe's chest both of them quickly falling asleep. Both knowing that as of now there lives will be forever intertwined and will never be the same again.