Chapter 25

Xavier's POV

To say I was happy was an understatement. I was beyond exhilarated when I heard Hailey's confession. I had never expected that she would feel the same way as me and the fact that she had confessed first made me really shocked. That's the thing that I love about her. Her confidence and her honesty towards her own feelings.

When I asked her whether if I can kiss her, she hesitated. I was afraid that I was going too far by asking that so I was going to back off but she pulled me by my wrist and muttered, "Don't blame me if I can't kiss you properly, this is my first kiss." I widened my eyes and looked at her. First kiss? Oh fuck, I can't believe the best thing is happening to me right now.

I pulled her closer till our faces are almost touching and whispered, "Don't worry then, I will teach you in the future. For now, just follow my lead." I leaned into her slowly and finally our lips met.

We broke apart when we were out of breath and I could see her face turning red slightly and I chuckled. She's so cute that I want to kiss her all day long. I gave her a bear hug after I saw that she had regained her breathing. "Thank you for coming into my life, Hailey. You're the best thing I've ever had." With that, I placed a kiss on her forehead and she was smiling from ear to ear before replying, "You're the best thing happened to me too, thank you for being with me at my lowest. I love you, Xavier. But it will be a 99% love because I'm saving that 1% for improvement."

I pecked her lips again before assuring her, "Then I will make sure to get that 1% soon." She giggled and I swear that's the best sound I've ever heard. I feel so whipped now but I don't mind.

Next morning....

I was woken up by the aroma of food and I knew that she was cooking breakfast so I took a shirt and went downstairs. She was humming softly while nodding her head to the beats while cooking and I couldn't help it but to wrap my arms around her waist and place my chin on her shoulders. She jumped slightly at my action before she turned crimson red, "Morning." I placed a kiss on her cheeks before releasing her to help her out with the breakfast. She cooked a plate of breakfast which consist of scrambled eggs, sausage, and 2 slices of toast followed by a fresh cup of coffee.

I think I have gained at least 3 kilograms after we got married because of all the delicious food she made. And partly because I have no self discipline whenever it comes to her food. Suddenly, my phone started ringing and it was a call from my dad. Apparently my parents wanted us to go back home to have dinner with them since the last time they had asked was not the right time. I then turned to Hailey and asked her after I ended the call, "Are you free tonight because dad and mum wants us to go home for dinner?" She smiled and nodded before we dug into our breakfast.

I dropped her off at the cafe before heading to the company. I was all smiles when I reached my office until I opened the door and found Caleb sitting on the sofa. I groaned out loud, "Urgh, why are you doing here again? You sure visit my company every single day without fail, don't you?"

He chuckled, "I'm just here to visit my best friend and I'm not allowed to?" he pretended to be hurt while placing his hand over his heart. Drama King. I couldn't help but to roll my eyes.

"By the way, your mother invited me to go over for dinner tonight." he shot me a playful grin and I raised my eyebrows, "Why would mum invite you over for dinner and I didn't know about that?"

He shrugged, "I'm her favourite after all, and are you unhappy about me going over for dinner? How stingy, I shall announce to the whole world that the billionaire Xavier Anderson is a stingy fucker who doesn't want to give me food."

"Shut up, you whiny bitch. Now get out of my office because I've got a whole pile of shit here to complete." I shooed him away and he just pointed his middle finger at me before leaving. Gosh, my blood pressure.

I looked through the last document that was in the pile before I signed it and finally called it a day. It was about 6.30pm in the evening and I've to rush home to change out and set off with Hailey.

Upon reaching home, Hailey was no where to be found so I guess she was still in her room. Right, speaking of that, I've to ask if it is possible for her to move into my room. I mean we're married after all and we can't just live separately like this.

We got ready and set off from home at around 7.15pm and it was a 45 minutes drive to my parent's house. While driving, I decided to ask her because it's either now or never.

"Hailey, would you like to move into my room tonight. I mean it's fine if you don't want but it's just a suggestion so don't take it to heart." Why am I being such a pussy and coward now? I thought I had repeated the same lines in my mind over and over again so I shouldn't be fumbling like an idiot right now.

She looked at me for a second before bursting out in laughter. "Oh god Xavier, I've never seen you like this. You're so damn cute. I mean sure, I will move in and I wanted to ask that a few moments ago too. Great minds think alike I guess."

I heaved out a sigh of relief, then I slowed down the car a little to lean over and gave her a peck on the cheeks.

"I like how straightforward you are, wifey." I gave her a wink before focusing on the traffic.

End of chapter 25!!! I'm writing this in a library now and I waited so long for a seat and I finally got one phew!

Do you guys like how Hailey is the straightforward type? Because I certainly do:)))