Chapter 11 - The black widow recreation project

When Natasha woke up she felt dazed and very sore, only vaguely remembering the events of the previous day, but not the whole scene, she was very confused. The last thing she could remember was the overwhelming pain all over her body when she was shot and then passing out in the quinjet home.

Looking around she realized she was in the medbay , what she wasn't expecting however was to see the teenage girl asleep on a chair next to her, grasping her hand tightly. why was she here?

Feeling the movement of the woman next to her, Seven stirred awake, blinking her eyes to get used to the extremely bright light and she looked around, seeing that Natasha had woken up and was looking very confused. 

"Seven? What are you doing here? Where's Bruce and Clint?" Natasha asked as she sat up, having to move her hand off of Sevens. 

"Well I offered to stay with you so Bruce and Tony could get some sleep, they were extremely tired and pretty stressed." Natasha looked at the girl, confused, she thought she was on bedroom arrest.

"I thought you had to stay upstairs though," Natasha said, her head still feeling fuzzy.

"Wanda let me come down yesterday with her when she got the panicked messages from Clint." Seven shrugged, she secretly hoped that they trusted her more now that she had saved Natasha's life and that they didn't all completely ignore her anymore.

"If you want, we could go and find them all, I think they're all really worried about you" seven jumped up from her chair as Natasha pulled the covers off her bed and stood up easily. She was shocked, she had been shot before, and usually, it was more than just an ache the next day.

"How come I feel almost fine?" Natasha asked skeptically and Seven froze. 

She didn't really want to go over the whole resurrecting thing so she just shrugged and offered a vague answer, "Something Bruce did, I don't really know".

Both of them walked down the hallway and entered the elevator in silence, Natasha was still trying to wrap her head around the whole thing. She had been sure she was going to die when she had been shot for the fourth time, but here she was, almost perfectly fine. She reminded herself that she needed to seriously thank Bruce later. 

"How long was I out for?" Natasha inquired as the elevator came to a halt on the correct floor.

"Twelve hours, give or take" Seven answered before the doors opened and they were met with nine pairs of eyes turning to look at them.

"Natasha!" Clint ran over, embracing his best friend in a hug and leading her to sit down on the couches with the rest of the avengers. 

Seven stayed back by the doors, this felt more of a family moment and she still didn't know what they thought about her and definitely didn't want to intrude. She watched from a few meters away as they all exchanged hugs and started talking, feeling truly happy for a moment, it was because of her that Natasha was there right now and honestly she was incredibly proud of herself for what she had done. 

She listened to their conversation, still leaning against the wall. 

"So what happened in the end? Did you get them?" Natasha asked Sam who shook his head. They had had their first lead on HYDRA in months and were so close to attacking the building when they were ambushed, Natasha getting the worst end of it all.

"We had to evacuate straight away," Sam said, sighing. They were all frustrated.

"I can't believe that we prepared for weeks just for me to get shot and pass out," Natasha said angrily. She knew she had been distracted when they had ambushed, her mind elsewhere and now it had cost them the mission and their only lead.