Chapter 21: Epilogue

2 years later

"Ren what if he gets upset, what if he isn't ready for this?" I asked anxiously pacing around my room, more like former room actually.

"Why wouldn't he be, he's done it before and he is more than financially stable to raise another child." Serenity said laying on her back and facing upwards on the bed.

"That's not helping." I said looking at her with a bored expression.

"Just tell him, not telling him will make you procrastinate this whole thing even longer." She said sitting up and coming to me. "Trust me he'll be fine, actually he'll be happy with having another baby." She said making her way to the door. "Are you ready?" She asked to which I shook my head. "Alright I'll stay with you and starve my poor tummy." She said getting back inside the room.

Knowing that the truth had to come out I took a deep breath and told Serenity that she should go and that I would be downstairs in a minute or so. She left me alone in my room, where I stayed for about 2 minutes before Keegan's voice snapped me out of my worry.

"I'm guessing that you still haven't told him." Keegan said leaning against the door frame. "You know the sooner you tell him, the better it will be for you." He continued straightening himself so that he was standing up straight.

"I know, but I can't help but to come up with scenarios of him having a bad reaction." I confessed.

"I think that he will be happy to know that you are expecting his child." Keegan said. "Now everyone is waiting for you downstairs so we better make our way over there." He said waiting for me to exit the room and then he followed me down the stairs and to the dining area.

Keegan found out about my pregnancy because he is the one that noticed that I was not looking very well on one of our trips to fetch Livvy from school. After he saw that I was unwell he told me that he probably knew what was wrong because he saw the similar thing happening to Melissa, so the next day after that I went to the pharmacy to test and guess what Keegan assumption was correct. I then told him out of panic and he advised me to tell Leyton but after a whole week I still haven't been able to tell him, instead of him I told Serenity in hopes that she'd give me the motivation that I needed in order to tell Leyton.

When we entered everyone's eyes fell on us making me even more nervous as I took my seat on the left side of Leyton who was sitting at the head of the table.

"Is everything alright?" He asked looking at me with a frown.

"I'm alright, don't worry." I said trying to reassure him with a nervous laugh. I could see from the expression on his face that he didn't believe a thing that I had said.

As I was eating I noticed that both Keegan and Serenity looked at me with raised eyebrows, silently asking whether I was going to spill the beans tonight or not.

Deciding that it was now or never I cleared my throat and watched as everyone's eyes turned to me giving me the attention that I had asked for but not necessarily wanted.

"Everyone, I have news that I would like to share with you." I said and looked at the encouraging smiles and faces of Serenity and Keegan.

"I.." I started but found myself unable to continue.

"You..." My mother said encouraging me to go on.

"I... am..uh." I said pondering on whether this was the correct time to tell everyone. By everyone I meant My mother, Valeria, Carlos, Charlotte and Brianna. The family decided to come here for a small gathering but Mateo couldn't make it because he had an important event to go to.

"You can tell us, Baby." Leyton said with an encouraging smile and encouraging eyes. 

"Yes Mama." Olivia said also looking at me with curiousity in her 6 years old eyes.