The breakup

The next day I woke up slightly late so I quickly stumbled out of bed and got dressed. Once I had my robes on, I raced to the Great Hall, and luckily everyone was still there.

"Why didn't you wake me up?!" I ask, lightly smacking the back of Charlotte's head.

"I didn't want you to get all mad at me" she defends.

"There is my beautiful love" Cedric says with a smirk. I roll my eyes at him again.

"Are you ever going to give that up?" I ask.

"Hmm lemme think...no" he replies. I sigh and sit down.

"So I'm guessing you told him about your crush from third year?" Charlotte asks.

"You knew? And never told me?" Cedric gasps.

"Well, duh" Charlotte answers.

"I'm honestly offended" he says dramatically.

We talk for the rest of breakfast and then it's time to go to classes.

"Can I walk you to class darling?" Cedric asks, and holds out his arm.

"Fine" I say and link arms with him, finally giving into his joke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                         George's POV

Fred and I were sitting at breakfast and I noticed that y/n wasn't there. I then saw her hustling in. I watch as she quickly walks over to the Hufflepuff table. I feel a small smile creep onto my face and Fred notices.

"Whatcha lookin at Georgie?" He asks, elbowing me in the ribs.

"Nothing" I say and look down at my plate. He shrugs, and goes back to talking with Lee. I lift my head back up and look back to y/n.

"There is my beautiful love" I hear Cedric say.

What? Cedric and y/n? Fred was right. I didn't tell her, and now she had a boyfriend.

"You ok George?" He asks.

"Oh uh yeah" I lie.

Stupid stupid stupid!

I try to listen to Fred and Lee's conversation for the rest of breakfast, but my mind keeps trailing back to y/n. I was full of regret, for not admitting my feelings. Then it was time for classes.

"Can I walk you to class darling?" Cedric asks y/n. I furrow my eyebrows. Y/n links arms with him and they walk out of the Great Hall laughing.

"Sorry George" Fred says from beside me. He actually sounded genuine.

"Why didn't I just tell her?" I sigh. Fred stayed silent. I knew he was fighting every urge to not say "told ya so". But he was right. I should've listened to him.

                                                           Your POV

I finish my classes and walk out, only to see Cedric there waiting for me.

"M'lady" he greets me and bows.

"Man, you really are content with this huh?" I say.

"Of course I am, because y/n, I love you so deeply" he jokes. I shove his head and begin walking down the hall. He catches up to me. "You can't escape me that easy darling"

"Just watch me" I say and begin running down the hallways, laughing like crazy. I can hear him chasing me. I finally run out of breath and have to stop.

"See...love...you...are...mine..." Cedric pants.

"Fine, then I'm breaking up with you." I say with a smirk. He pulls his hand to his heart and gasps.

"What!?"

"I'm sorry, it's not me, it's you, but I hope we can still be good friends" I joke.

"W-wow, this is really a lot to take in, I- I just need some time" he says dramatically and wipes non-existent tears from his face.

"Ok ced, take all the time you need" I mock and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Mmhmm, can I...have one more kiss?" He asks looking up at me. It takes all we can to not laugh at each other.

"Fine, but just this once" I say, I give him a kiss on the cheek and then start to head to the Hufflepuff common room.

"I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU Y/N Y/L/N! I WILL LOVE YOU UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!" he calls after me. I chuckle and roll my eyes as I continue to walk down the hall.

The next day I was walking down the hall alone. I then felt two people come up on each side of me.

"Hello there y/l/n" Fred says from my left side.

"Hello" I reply.

"So what's been going on with you?" George asks.

"Nothing much, you guys?"

"Don't lie to us y/n. What's going on with you and Diggory?" Fred asks, wiggling his eyebrows. I chuckle.

"Oh no, that's nothing. It was a joke, Cedric was playing" I explain.

"Oooooh" They say realizing.

"You two actually believed that?" I laugh.

"What can I say, you're a very convincing actress" George says.

"Why thank you" I smile.

"Well seeya in transfiguration class" Fred says as we walk into the Great Hall.

"Yeah, see you guys then".

I walk over to the Hufflepuff table and sit next to Charlotte.

"There she is! The heartbreaker!" She jokes.

"He's got you in on it now too?" I sigh.

"What ever are you talking about y/n? You broke poor Cedric's heart" she says, trying to hide her grin. I run my hand over my face.

"Ugh, I should've have just never said anything about liking him" I groan.

"Yup, but how does that even come up in a conversation?" She asks.

"Uh...I don't even know, it- just did?" I answer. I realize that my last words sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Y/n, are you keeping something from me?" She asks, now serious.

"Of course not Charlotte!" I lie "I would never"

"Ok then" she sounds unsure.

I just didn't know if I should tell her. I mean I trusted her but, if I never did tell George, she would probably bring it up sometime later and that would be terribly embarrassing.