sixty-three

season 11, episode 19 - crazy love

DEREK AND ALLISON LOOKED DOWN AT THE CALM water, the ferry boat was rarely full in the mornings and the two best friends loved it that way

DEREK AND ALLISON LOOKED DOWN AT THE CALM water, the ferry boat was rarely full in the mornings and the two best friends loved it that way. It gave them time to think, to enjoy the peace and see Seattle. It became a tradition they used to go on ferry boat rides whenever they could together.  Derek had one more flight to D.C. so he could resign and come back to Seattle—for good.

The two making their way back to the benches to sit down, "You know when I was away, I went to see my mother, she said I was tired and miserable—which I was. She told me to get it together."

"She said it...with no sympathy, I'm guessing." Allison raised a brow having been told stories about Mrs. Shepherd and Derek's sisters.

Derek nodded, "She said, 'Derek, take a good, hard look at your life. If it's not working, shut up and fix it.'"

"I'm glad she talked some sense into you, Shep." Allison nodded, smiling. "I'm glad you're going to stay here for good—right?"

"Allie, I've been missing out on everything in my life. I mean, I'm watching my kids grow up on a computer. I don't want to miss my family. I don't want to miss another second." Derek shook his head. He was staying in Seattle for good—Allison knew that but she wanted to be reassured and Derek didn't mind assuring, he set his foot down. "I want to coach soccer, go to ballet recitals. I don't need to change the world. Clipping aneurysms, stopping the bleeds—that's the fun."

"That's changing the world with our hands Saving someone's life. That's more than enough." Allison agreed, "I'm glad your back, Shep."

"Me too." Derek nodded. "We should do this more often again."

Allison nodded, "You, me, the kids and Jackson."

"I agree." Derek and Allison looked at the view they had, the two enjoying the moment and savoring it. Both of them not knowing that this was going to be their last—some good things just come to an end.

***

Allison paced back and forth from the hospital's on-call room as she waited for Jackson to show up. The two haven't had sex for awhile ever since baby Mark died, and Allison felt like she was ready to resume that part of their life.

The door opened and she stopped, and her eyes came in contact with green-eyes. "Jackson, I am your wife and I'm ready for us to—"

She didn't even get to finish when she felt a pair of lips on hers. The two kissing one another like their life depending on it. The next thing they knew, Allison was straddling his lap as Jackson held her sides. Their scrubs landed on the floor as moans could be heard inside the on-call room.

***

Once they were done, Jackson had to check up on his patient giving a light kiss on Allison's lips before he left, the two going their separate ways. Allison made her way to sit down next to Meredith on one of the Nurses stations when the phone rang causing her to pick it up.