Found

Note: HUGE SPOILER since events from both the anime and manga is included here. (I'm also not good at endings so please bear with me.)

-

Do you believe in reincarnation?

When a person dies with their heart full of remorse, it is to believed that the very core of life itself is reborn in order to relieve the pain of not being able to do or say anything that could have changed the unfavorable outcome of ones decision.

Some says that the soul is reborn up to four times - the deity gave humans too many chances to drive how much he loves us and believed that we could change our crooked ways.

It's a popular myth that's been going around ever since the world began. The roots of the world itself is embedded in every mind of people in the vast lands of every continent there is.

Indeed... It's a popular myth but no one could provide proof whether the said myth is true or not.

No one.

Aster Brielle Fowler sighed. All her life she feels like there something amiss she couldn't name of. Like a piece of her jigsaw puzzle is nowhere in sight... and that's forbids her to fully attain happiness.

Sometimes she would dream being able to soar into the sky with sword like blades on both hands and a red scarf  on her neck. She was fighting Titans... A creature that existed over three millennium years ago. She often wear soldier uniforms and was the best among the best in her batch.

Although enthusiastic with the adventures she had in her dreams, none of it matters to her... none but one.

What matters is the man that often appears in her dreams. Although his appearance is vague, his teal like eyes is embedded deep within her memories.

"Aster, are you alright?" Her friend Crisanta asked one time when she woke her up after their fifteen minutes break. Her worry etched face was a few inches closer to hers.

Aster sat straight, stretching her arms upwards to relive the soreness of her muscle due to the uncomfortable position she had a while ago.

"Aster..." Crisanta called, causing her to look at her friend.

"Yes?" Her raspy voice croaked.

"You're crying in your sleep. Are you alright?" Her blonde friend asked. Without further ado, Aster touched her cheeks only to confirm that she was indeed crying.

That was the first dream she ever had with that man.

She was lying on the ground, her hands clasps to one another with rope so tight she could never break free, moreso, she's cold.

Her parents were killed in front of her just when her mother gave her a tattoo that symbolizes her clan that cease to exist.

Just when she lost all hope and was about to give up, a boy- probably a few months or a year older than her came to her aid. Although very much young, he faced her kidnappers bravely, killing two of them in the process. His teal eyes were cold and ruthless as he stabbed the second person repeatedly.

"You had it coming, scumbags! This is what you deserve!" He yelled, tears swell on his eyes but all she could so is watch. Once he made sure that the kidnapper's no longer breathing, he let out an exasperated sigh before turning over her. His eyes held no remorse of what he'd done, "It's over now. You're gonna be okay." He mumbled.