Welcome to Hellmouth Part 2

Buffy and I sneak to an outside entrance to the gym to investigate.  Seeing it's locked I look around and nod to Buffy that she's ok to use her strength.  We get to the locker room and see the dead body, and unfortunately the bite of a vampire.  "Oh, great!" Buffy says.  "Great way to start at a new school," I say.  We go to the library and see Mr. Giles.  "Ok, what's the sitch?" I ask him.  "Sorry?"  "You heard about the dead guy, right?  The dead guy in the locker?"  "Yes, and you must be Buffy Summers" he says walking towards us acknowledging Buffy.  "Because, it's the weirdest thing.  Het's got two little, little holes in his neck and all his blood's been drained," Buffy says to him.  "Isn't that bizarre?  Aren't you just going, ooo?" I ask.  "I was afraid of this," he says.  "Well, we weren't!" I yell.  "It's out first day!  I was afraid that I was gonna be behind in all my classes," Buffy says.  "And I was worried that I wouldn't make any friends," I say.  "Or that I would have last month's hair."  "We didn't think there'd be vampires on campus.  And we don't care," I say as we turn to leave.  "The why are you two here?"  "To tell you that...we don't care, which...we don't, and...have now told you, so...bye," I say.  "Is he, w-will he...rise again?"  "Who?" Buffy asks.  "The boy."  "No.  He's just dead," she says.  "Can you be sure?" he asks making me roll my eyes.  "To make you a vampire they have to suck your blood.  And then you have to suck their blood.  It's a whole big sucking thing.  Mostly they're gonna kill you.  Why am I still talking to you?" I ask.  "You really have no idea what's going on, do you?  You think it's a coincidence, you two being here?  That boy was just the beginning."  "Oh, why can't you people just leave us alone?" Buffy asks.  "Because you are the Slayer and you are the Caster.  Into each generation a Slayer and a Caster is born, two girls in all the world, a Chosen Two, two born with strength and skill to hunt the vampires and the other with the power of a witch..."  "With the strength and skill to hunt the vampires and the other the power of a witch, to stop the spread of evil blah, blah, blah...we've heard it, ok?" I say to him.  "I really don't understand the attitude.  You two, you two have accepted your duty, you two, you two have slain vampires before..."  "Yeah, and we've both been there and done that, and we're moving on," Buffy says.  "What do you two know of this town?" he asks going to his office.  "It's two hours on the freeway from Neiman Marcus?" Buffy says making me smile.  She always was the one concerned with fashion.  "Dig a bit in the history of this place.  You'll find a, a study stream of fairly odd occurrences.  Now, I believe this whole area is a center of mystical energy, that things gravitate towards it that, that, that you might night find elsewhere," he explains holding a lot of books.  "Like vampires," I say.  He puts the books into each of our arms one-by-one as he lists of different monsters and demons.  "Like zombies, werewolves, incubi, succubi, everything you've ever dreaded was under your bed, but told yourself you;dn't be by the light of day.  They're all real!"  "What?  You, like, sent away for the Time-Life series?" Buffy asks.  "Ah, w-w-w-yes."  "Did you get the free phone?" I ask sarcastically.  "Um, the calendar."  "Cool!  But, ok, first of all, I'm a Vampire Slayer," Buffy says as we hand him the books back.  "And I'm a Vampire Slayer with magic," I say.  "And secondly, we're retired," Buffy says.  "He, I know!  Why don't you kill 'em?" I say to him.  "I-I'm a Watcher, I-I haven't the skill..."  "Oh, come on, a stake through the heart, a little sunlight...It's like falling off a log," Buffy says.  "A, a Slayer and Caster slays, a Watcher..."  "Watches?" Buffy asks.  "Yes.  No!  He, he trains them, he, he, he prepares them..."  "You prepare us for what?  For getting kicked out of school?  For losing all of our friends?  For having to spend all of our time fighting for our lives and never getting to tell anyone because we might endanger the?  Go ahead!  Prepare us," I say.  We just stare at each other for a while.  I turn and take Buffy's hand and we leave.  "Damn!" he yells running after us. 

 Unbeknownst to them though Xander heard the whole thing.  "What?" he asks.  

Giles eventually catches up with us.  "It's getting worse!" he says.  "What's getting worse?" I ask.  He guides us away from others.  "The influx of the undead, the...supernatural occurrences, it's been building up for years.  There's a reason why you two are here and a reason why it's now!"  "Because now is the time our mom moved here," Buffy says.  We try to leave but he puts his arm out to stop us.  "Something's coming, something, something...something is, is gonna happen here.  Soon!"  "Gee, can you vague that up for me?" I ask.  "The signs, as far as I can tell, point to a crucial mystical upheaval, very soon.  Days.  Possibly less."  "Oh, come on!  This is Sunnydale!  How bad an evil can there be here?" Buffy asks.