11

Madison's POV

I barely slept last night because I stayed up watching movies. And of course I didn't think I'd have to wake up early for school. I get out the shower and get dressed sending Nathan a quick message before heading down stairs.

"Hey Em make sure you remember your cupcakes for the school bake sale. Ma left them on the counter." I grab some apple juice and take my purse.

"Thanks Maddie see you later."

When I get to the school I meet up with Yas and we go to our first few classes together. I think I was doing pretty okay until English.

English is my favorite class. Love the teacher and I love the assignments. Call me a nerd but it's a really good escape.

I take my seat in the back and take out my notebook. As class goes on I can hardly keep my eyes open. Then I hear my name.

"Ms. Rosario, may you please come up and share your writing with the class?" He says while taking his clip board and sitting.

I get up quickly and skim through my papers to the first writing I find and look at the class awkwardly.

"Begin when you're ready." He says while looking up at me.

"It's not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. What greater punishment is there, than life when you've lost everything that made it worth living. Thus from my heart by thine, my sin is purged. Then have my heart I said. The sin that you have took. Sin from thy heart? You asked. Oh trespass sweetly urged and give me my sin again."

I stop when I suddenly realize this isn't the assignment I meant to read aloud. No this was the Shakespeare inspired poem I wrote about Nathan. I blushed really bright red and all I can see is Yas and Luna in the back smirking.

"That was truly phenomenal Madison. Your words were so swift and elegant and you couldn't have done any better. Great job." Said Mr. BarLev as he clapped.

I took my seat and buried my head on the desk trying to think it was just a dream. This is the last time I ever sleep in late!

The bell rang and I walk to my locker and see a message from Nathan. We talk for the rest of the period and I can't help but think about his voice.
Is it weird that I think of him this much? He probably doesn't think of me like that. My mind has a thousand things it wants to say but my words became mute..