Twenty-One

Driving home, Nathan's phone vibrated

Driving home, Nathan's phone vibrated. Pulling it from his pocket, he swiped to read the message. "Our parents are inviting us over tonight. Apparently, they know that you're staying with us, Jaxon?"

Rayne adored Nathan and Jaxon's parents. "Oh, that will be lovely, yes?" she attested.  "It's been weeks since we last visited."

Jaxon groaned from the back seat. "Can't you make some excuse?"

Rayne shifted in her chair to speak to Jaxon. "Don't you want to see your parents?"

Quirking an eyebrow, his eyes twinkled with mirth. "Tonight I would much rather be stripping you out of your clothes and drowning in your succulent curves." He noted her mouth part and eyes darken; fully aware those stormy greys gave away her arousal. About to divulge what exactly he planned for her, his phone buzzed. No doubt his mother making or rather insisting he attend tonight.

"We won't be there all night and it will be nice having someone else cook for a change." Rayne had an ulterior motive for wanting to visit. Nathan's and Jaxon's mothers shared their father. Would they accept their son's arrangement—did they know about Nicole? She dared to ask. "Will—" She paused, biting her bottom lip, as she felt Nathan's gaze. "Will they accept this—us?"

Nathan was not at all surprised by her question and although in agreement with Jax, indulging himself in his Rayne-drop would be his given choice.  This would be a positive affirmation to sealing their relationship if his parents showed their approval. "Yes. We do not need to hide ourselves from our family."

Rayne relaxed somewhat, but tension sat between her shoulder-blades. "What time?"

Nathan re-read the message. "Seven sharp!"

It was almost three now. That left her...she quickly calculated, one hour and fifty-six minutes to scrub the floors, quickly shower and change. The timing was perfect. "I can do my chores and still be ready in time to leave."

Nathan reached for her hand, lifting to his lips, softly planting kisses across each finger. "Wouldn't you rather do something a little more exciting when we get home, sweetheart? I clearly remember you didn't come earlier, and I feel like I'm slipping in my duties as your fiancé," teased Nathan.

Rayne's brows lifted at his fiancé reference, knowing he had wanted to keep their engagement between themselves.

Nathan bit his tongue, cursing under his breath. Glimpsing at Jax's reflection in the rear-view mirror, he was scanning through his phone, not paying any attention. Perhaps he hadn't heard.

Rayne smiled, it squeezed her chest to hear Nathan say it out loud... and the idea of an orgasm forced her thighs to clench.  Although quickly shadowed by darkening thoughts, throwing a bucket of water, dousing her rising arousal.  The floors!