Chapter 23

Allison

The dinner gala was beautiful

The dinner gala was beautiful. It was bustling with people and reporters; they walked around taking pictures and asking questions; we got a few other people's congratulatory greeting on the engagement and compliment on how I look, which made me feel good.

These past few days, my insecurities got the best of me, and I kept trying to tell myself that everything Danny has been doing must have its reasons. I don't always jump to a conclusion, or at least I try not to. My brother went to get me a glass of wine while James, Danny, and I sit at our table talking about the game. Earlier I noticed Danny continuously checking his phone.

I tried not to be so nosey, but with these past few days with him lying to me, it's been bothering me badly, and I feel like I'm starting to question my sanity. If I keep this in eventually, it will drive me insane, but I will have to talk to him about this by the end of the night cause I haven't had a good night's sleep since. But I can't do or say anything to him right now since it is crowded and not anyone's business.

From across the room, I feel a set of eyes looking at me, and as I scan the room and I was right Andrews was on the other bar across the room, a drink in his hand and his glare on Danny, but as he sees me looking his eyes soften at my sight.

Do I feel bad for having him feel the way he's feeling right now? No, I don't, but I know how it feels to have a broken heart, and I got over mines, and I'm sure he will get over his; it's just harder knowing that the one you left is with someone else, but he will get over it it's not like he doesn't have beautiful women throwing themselves at him I'm sure he still does.

I hear Danny's phone go off again, and this time he has to excuse himself, and it was a little odd. Still, James stayed at the table with me until Kevin called him over since he will need help carrying the drinks he ordered as he left the table, I checked the time, and it was getting late, and the dancing started.

"Hey, you," I hear from behind. "Hey Andrew, I really don't want to be rude, but I really don't have anything to say to you," I say honestly.

" I know. I just wanted to apologize for what I said earlier about the ring. It was rude of me, and I'm still a bit shocked you were with Danny for a few months and are engaged when we were together for two years and never even came close to the idea," he says with a little annoyance.

" I know that you didn't know and I'm sure you meant it as a mean jab to Danny, but it was really rude, especially since it is a ring that belonged to his mother that he lost a few years ago, next time, please think before speaking and as for being together that long we never spoke about it."" I can make an educated guess that I'm sure if you weren't spending all those times with your side chicks, you might have been with me a bit more often to see that I was opened to talking about it, but everything happens for a reason right," I say standing up meeting his gaze.