versailles

King louis put on his robe and looked at he clock on his mantle. It was nearly eight in the morning. His offices would be coming in to dress him in less than an hour . They could not find her here. How could he suddenly change the protocol he created to be dressed in another room today. The king opened his bedchamber doors himself, quickly ordering them to be shut them to be shut them behind him by the guards . Colbert greeted him with a peppy smile. ' I need a handful of servant girls here , non." "Did you have that bad of a night, your majesty ?" " Colbert , l am in no mood for jokes at the moment". He turned to guard standing by his door and told him to inform the servants not to enter his bedchamber this morning . No one would dare questions him , even colbert , no matter how odd his demand. There were serving woman of all sorts that entered only minutes late . most were fat or old or both. The older the woman the more they gossip , louis though . he finally chose a young woman with straw blond hair and a shy smile. She was no longer in her yard, but still looked capable. He was pleased with her manner and excused all the rest of you if any living soul comes into this bedchamber or so much as opens the door they will be executed without delay.