Chapter 14 : The Sneak into the Ministry of Magic

In the messy and dusty living room of the Black Manor sat the three pairs of youthful figures. Their faces showing serious and conflicting colors.

Harry's face held the troubled frown and deep calculating eyes, " An attempt on your life, you say ? How ?"

He looked at Hermione's downcast and somewhat fearful eyes, " We encountered them while making our way here. At that time, we were tired and hungry and stopped for a short rest in a desert cafe. They came in dressed as manual repair workers and started to throw curses as soon as they saw us "

Draco slowly scanned her face , searching for something , before asking, " Did you recognise either of them ? "

Pansy lifted her eyes to look at him and said respectfully, " Dolohov and Ralph "

A shuddering intake of breath sounded from Draco, his eyes alight with terror .

Harry sharply turned to face him, silently asking the cause of his fear. Their eyes met in the air and Draco said, " Death Eaters. More precisely, Death Eaters who were in Azkaban till yesterday "

Harry's eyes widened before he swiftly reined in the surprise. His eyes turned more grim, more dark now.

Each and everyone of them understood what this meant.

The ministry has fallen.

This said, the minister of magic might be already dead if not captured. Time is running like fine sand from their hands. With each passing day, the situation keeps getting more fatal.

Harry's eyes shone a ruthless light, he was angry, very angry.

" How ? " Asked Harry in a monotone voice.

No one answered. Their never nerves freezing from the cold anger directed towards them. With a scowl , Harry stood up.

" HOW ?! "

A stuttering gasp echoed Hermione's fear as Ron hurriedly said from her side, " I-it was me. I-i unknowingly called his name"

The rage and anger in Harry's eyes was overflowing, threatening to break out. How? How can he be so stupid ?! Calling that cursed name out loud even after knowing what it does !

Ron silently lowered his head, he was clear about his mistake and it's consequences on all of them. In the wizarding world, the name “ Voldemort ” was a taboo. A well known and justified taboo. He had no excuses for his stupidity.

A slender and fair hand touched Harry's shoulder and he , like a balloon blowing out air , breathed out all the burning anger suffocating his chest.

Harry looked at his side to Draco. This person , as cold and as biting as snow , inexplicably cooled his boiling anger from just a touch. He easily caught the wordless implication in Draco's eyes and slowly retreated to sit back down.

Draco calmly looked at Ron and asked,
" How did you deal with them ?"

At Draco's question, Ron let out a quiet but relieved huff and said, " Hermione obliviated them since killing them will draw too much attention. Before leaving, I erased all our traces of magic as much as possible "

" Hmm. They were probably aiming for Potter , having guessed that since you were there he might be as well. Good , that fortune was on our side this once " ; Draco acknowledged.

Harry continued, now cool and calm by Draco's deliberate grace, catching everyone's gaze one by one , slowly letting them understand his words and actions.