3.2

a/n: any interaction w/spencer and steve exhibits my pure hatred for steve's ending

please comment, vote, and react!

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

SPENCER SLEPT FOR A FEW HOURS.

All of which she was clinging on to Pietro, hiding her face in his shoulder, wrapping all her limbs around him.

Yes, exactly like a koala.

It's about 7 AM when Spencer started to wake, squirming in Pietro's hold until his eyes fluttered open.

When she slipped out his hold, distancing herself by a foot on the bed, Pietro didn't stop her. He propped himself up, giving her space, and settling against the headboard.

Rubbing her eyes with her fists, Spencer almost forgot in the silence that Pietro was there. Her eyes flickered to him.

"Hi."

"Hi," he replied, his voice all rumbly and sleepy still, but his eyes are wide eyes are awake and focusing on her. The weight of his eyes became too much after a moment, and slipped off the bed, reaching over to the nightstand to grab the tablet Tony had given her. Pietro glanced over her shoulder.

"My mom should be here soon," Spencer mentioned, mostly to herself. Pietro's eyebrows furrowed, and he shifted, his mouth opened, but Spencer was already continuing on. "I should go find Bruce," she finalized, clicking off the device and standing up from the bed.

She started to walk to the door, but there was already someone in front of her.

"You should sleep more," Pietro suggested, and Spencer just shrugged, her shoulder brushing against his as she kept walking. "You are tired," he continued on, but Spencer didn't respond, now opening the door. She's halfway in the hallway when Pietro grabbed her wrist.

Spencer flinched.

She didn't even realize she'd done it until the look on Pietro's face registered with her. Distress.

Her face turned away, and she tugged her hand back.

"Bye," she offered, lamely, practically rushing to get out of that situation, out of Pietro's eyesight.

Pietro didn't follow her. He just stood by his door until she had turned the corner, going towards the residential wing.