Adjusting

You were in one of Tony's fancy cars. Nat and Wanda were sitting in the front chatting away.

Don't say anything stupid. Don't f*ck this up. Just have a nice normal shopping day.

"So what kinda clothes would ya like (Y/n)?"

You had no clue. Wandas outfit was nice, black jeans with a red t shirt and a long black jacket.

"Emm, I'm not too sure yet."

You spoke quietly. No attachments.

Nat spoke up. "That's okay, we can have a good look when we're there and take our time."

I nodded.

..........................................

You arrived at the mall.

It was huge.

There were stores everywhere you didn't know where to start.

It was all slightly overwhelming but in a good way this time.

"Where to first?" Nat asked.

You saw a store called Urban Outfitters. "Is therr okay ?" You asked.

Nat smiled. "Of course."

The store had a selection of clothes covering every wall. There was so much colour to take in.

The first thing that caught your eye was a green top.

It was a crop top and it criss crossed at the back.

You picked it up and looked at the price tag.

WHAT THE F*CK??

Thirty dollars just for that one little top. You quickly put it back and walked over to Nat and Wanda.

"It's too expensive in here," you briskly said.

Nat and Wanda gave each other a look. "Tony has given us a lot of money so you don't need to worry about the price, just choose things that you like."

Guilt. Spending another persons money? You didn't really have any other choice but you felt bad.

"Okay, thank you."

You took back the green top, and also picked up a pair of baggy black jeans, and oversized white hoodie, and a pair of white baggy jeans with holes at the knees.

"Great! Let's get some food." Wanda motioned you out of the store and to the food court.

"Alright you go up to McDonalds there and tell the girl what you'd like."

Nat gave you fifty dollars.

You nodded.

You ordered six chicken nuggets, medium fries, and a strawberry milkshake.

You were given a number on your receipt and were told to wait in line.

A boy around your age came up to you. He was stocky, and had dark brown hair. He looked at you with a glint in his eyes.

"What's a girl like you eating at a place like this for ?" He smiled.

Gross.

"I'm hungry," you simply replied.

He laughed, and put his hand on your shoulder.

"Why don't you come back with me beautiful?"

You were about to open your mouth to say something stupid back when a voice says "This guy bothering you (Y/n)?"

F*cking Peter. He had a friend with him, another boy, probably as annoying as him.

I looked him in the eyes and looked back at the boy harassing me. "Not anymore." You shrugged your soldiers to get his hand off.

The boy scoffed and walked away.

"(Y/n) are you okay? Did he touch you or anything? Do you want me to do anything to him?"

"I'm fine Peter you can go now."

Peter looked deflated, but he nodded. "Cmon Ned."

There was that stab of guilt again. He had been nice to you but you just shut him out. You kept telling yourself no attachments over and over again.

Would that really work ?