vi. Dear Me

The first thing I thought when I woke up this morning is that, I want to get to know myself.

Honestly, we should at least know ourselves better than anyone but that isn't always the case. We tend to lie to ourselves more than we admit and I think I get why. If there's one thing we're scared of, it's being scared of knowing our deepest secrets. We are afraid we might get to learn the ugliest part of ourselves and that we might not be able to live with it. It happens. And the least we could do is apologize for ourselves for being so unforgiving and harsh, for giving no chances to correct our mistakes and instead punishing us for it. We owe it not because it is vital but because in times of difficulty, in times of aloofness, in times of despair, we only have us. No one would be willing enough to stay with you but only you. Time might stop for you, friends might leave you, but at least you have you.

So I hope, to everyone who is reading this --- start with being a better person to yourself. Take that sleep. Eat what you crave. Read that manga or comics. Block that toxic friend. Wear what you'd like. Pamper yourself. Buy that dress. Adopt a pet. Change the study you'd want. It's time we choose ourselves for a change. And then world might not be so cruel anymore. :---)