𝟏𝟏. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥

THE FLASHING LIGHTS OF THE ambulance flooded the car park the girls remained stagnant in. Their eyes wide and scared like deer caught in headlights, literally in the case of Hanna and Brooke. While paramedics rushed around the blonde who lay unconscious on the gravelled ground, Brooke scrambled back to her feet, fighting back the urge to cry and sob from the pain that was escalating in her arm and head too.

      Going over the car had put her in a much better position than it had Hanna, but it didn't stop her head from bouncing off the asphalt nor the bonnet of the car that sped past them so quickly they didn't get the chance to see the driver.

     While Emily was encapsulated watching Hanna get wheeled into the ambulance, Spencer and Aria were looking at their other friend with great amounts of concern. She was so numb that she couldn't even feel the trickle of blood that was making its way down the side of her head, smudging into her hairline, just above the cut she had received the week previous, nor the very evident scrape just below it on her cheek bone.

     "B, they should really check you out too." Aria told her, going to rest a hand on her left arm, to only retract it before she touched her, reminding herself that she was cradling that arm when she hit the ground, it was clearly hurt.

      Spencer nodded beside her, looking around for a stray officer to check out her other friend. "It could be broken." She agreed, nodding towards the arm that was clutched to her chest, a scraped up hand cupping it delicately.

     The brunette didn't look away from the flashing lights, reflecting in her teary eyes as they spoke, shaking her head none the less. "I will, just after we know Hanna's okay." She told the pair, although while that may have been her plan originally, it lasted merely seconds because while Aria and Spencer had been persuading the girl, Emily had flagged down another attendant and he was now ushering the Bentley girl over to another ambulance, placing her on the step at the end of it as he littered her with an abundance of questions that were met with half attentive mumbles that he managed to make out.

     And before she knew it, she was being lay down on one of the ambulance beds along side her friend, with an attendant stood over her, telling her to try and stay awake if she felt tired because they weren't sure if she had a concussion. Brooke was far from tired, she didn't think she would be able to sleep if she tried. Although she did wish that she could just cuddle under her bedsheets and wash away the pounding in her head, the shooting pains in her arm and the pictures behind her eyes.

     The ride to the hospital was shorter than expected, perhaps because the trip to the camp ground had been so chaotic, what with the deflated tire. Brooke had only ever been in the emergency room twice in her whole life. The first time was when she was nine and had eaten a poisonous berry off a tree in the school play ground. Her mother insisted she would be fine, but Luke had been so worried about his little girl that he ignored her and pulled both her and Mason from school to take her to the hospital. He had gotten her ice cream afted for being so brave. The second time was when she had been with Jason a few years ago.

     This time she wouldn't be getting ice cream afterwards, or flowers to make up for what happened. She would be left with an impending feeling of doom and worry as she waited for what would happen next.

     They took her into a hospital room at the back and cleaned up the cut on her head, assuring her that she was lucky to have gotten away with only two what she called 'minor injuries', as if Brooke didn't already know that. In the end she was left with a row of five stitches in her head and a cast over her arm. And two hours later, Mason was discharging her.