Chapter 28

'I knew that it wasn't a good idea...' Was the only thing that Gaster thought when he looked at the chaos that his sons created. They were nice enough to make sure that they didn't destroy important researches and inventions, but the chaos was still there.

How did this happen? Well it all started in front of the lab, actually.

They soon arrived in front of the building in which Gaster was working at. It was the biggest building of the village; standing tall in the middle of the smaller houses nearby. Unsurprisingly, the building was a pristine white. The teenagers had already saw it when they were flying not so far from there. Gaster easily walked through the village, saluting a few people on the way, while the Gods followed him, looking around in curiosity. They only flew above villages; it was the first that they actually went inside of one since they came here.

They noticed how some people looked at them curiously while some seemed to understand who they were. It wasn't a surprise; Gaster had told them that he talked about his new sons to make their adoption seem more credible and believable and not seem as if they just appeared out of nowhere. Which was the actual truth, but nobody needed to know that. Of course, the fact that it wasn't a surprise didn't stop them from glaring at some people who stared too much. It wasn't really noticeable, but they were tense and ready to fight at any second.

It didn't take too long for them to reach the front door of the lab. Once in front of it, Gaster turned toward them, finally noticing how tense they were and wincing slightly at the sight. He didn't know why he was even surprise; many people staring at them like that? For them, it might sound like the start of another ambush. It broke his SOUL to see his sons constantly so leery of their surroundings.

He cleared his throat, effectively gaining their attention, and offered them a soft smile to calm them down a little. Thankfully, it seemed to work, as they smiled back at him. "Alright sons, we're there."

"Wow, I wouldn't have guessed." He ignored Blade's sass with practiced ease –it probably shouldn't be a good thing, but Torment assured him that it was normal with them to get used to it– and continued. "A few rules before we get in." Drako rolled his eyes, Torment crossed his arms, Demise snickered –did he dream or Demise said 'A few rules to break', just now?– and Blade groaned in annoyance.

"First of all, please, try not to traumatize my coworkers or make the building explode by strange ways that I'd rather not know of." They all snickered in response, making the adult sweat in apprehension. They were totally going to destroy everything and he knew it. "No PrOMiSEs~"

That answer didn't reassure Gaster at all. But what did he expect? One of his sons was a fucking God of Destruction for crying out loud! He should have known that destruction and chaos came with the teenagers when he adopted them. He sighed and continued. "Don't scare them too much with how smart you are. Try not to attack them." He saw Torment's tentacles twitch, making him hold back a groan. His coworkers weren't going to make it alive and sane. Alive would already be good, sane wasn't so sure. "Demise."

The dragon perked up in confusion at the sudden mention of his name. "Do not drink all the coffee. We all need it to survive." The black dragon offered him the saddest expression he could possibly make while whining slightly. "I need coffee to survive too, you know!"

"No, you don't, you're just addicted." Demise stared at him for a few seconds before sticking out his tongue childishly. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't deny it; he was totally addicted to coffee and didn't really need to drink it since he could sleep properly now that he didn't have to reap SOULs all day and night. That didn't stop him from planning to steal their coffee, of course. Hey! Drako could steal chocolate, why wouldn't he do the same after all?