5

*unedited*

"Then one of your brothers will take it," Salvatore said simply.

"You wouldn't"

"Child, stop arguing with me. If you think it will get you anywhere I will prove you wrong every single time" he said in an amused voice as if he was asking for her to openly defy him.

Maya did as she was told instead. She handed up the phone to Salvatore's hand and then she ran away to her room.

"So mother raised a spoiled brat," Diego said with disgust in his voice.

Salvatore's eyes darkened as he looked at his younger sibling

"You will refer to mother with respect am I clear Diego?" Salvatore asked quietly and Diego lowered his head

"Yes sir"
________________________________
"Maya, Salvatore asked me to take you to his office," Simon said gently as Maya was lying on her bed, apparently crying.

He sat next to her and asked

"I know everything is new to you, we aren't used to having a little sister either. Everyone is trying to adjust"

"You wouldn't need to adjust if your brother just leave me be"

"But he would never do that. To Salvatore family is everything and so is to the rest of us. This is how father raised us to be"

"Where is he? The father I mean?"

"He's not available at the moment," Simon said slowly.

"What does it even mean?"

"Some questions will be left unanswered Maya"

"Why?"

"It's just how our family is" Simon stated simply " We have many secrets but you will learn to live with it. Please come with me now. Salvatore doesn't like to wait"
________________________________
Maya once again has found herself in her brother's office. She quickly learned that it was an undesirable place to be.

He invited her to sit in front of his desk as he finished signing up the document.

"As I said yesterday today we will talk about the rules. First of all Maya - I want you to behave. Listen to me and your brothers, be respectful, and keep yourself out of danger. I want to hear only the truth from you. You will not be lying, you will always tell the whole truth without omitting any details.
I signed you up for the school your brothers are attending, I want your grades to be better if you need help I will hire a tutor, and in case you need any assistance you can always ask any of your brothers for help. Besides that I want you to always let me or one of your brothers know where you are not allowed to leave the house without permission am I clear? You also need to listen to them, if I'm not present they're in charge. The chain of command in this family is straightforward - from the oldest to the youngest, it's that clear"

"Yes," she said curtly.

Maya found herself nodding just for a sake of it.

"You will start school next week, during your school time I don't want to hear about any troubles from you. I hope it's clear when I say that I expect you to behave properly and do your best academically. No boys, no dating, nothing of that sort. Focus on your studies"