Year 5 - 10 (Rosier Raid)

Beta: Cloudy

This is the last fluff padding we have before Shit Goes Down.

Ngl... I just really wanted to upload on April 1st. Mwah.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

My thief outfit was in honor of a highwayman. Black, tall, thick leather boots with runes carved inside them to absorb impact from falling at a great height. Equally sturdy black pants that were resistant to tears in case they got caught anything. A belt lined with Muggle devices that could still work under heavy wards in case I couldn't use magic. A dark blue tunic, black leather vest, black leather gloves, and of course the ever important silvery Cloak of Invisibility. I did have a few spare black cloaks that could double as invisibility cloaks, but I loved my Deathly Hallow version best.

Tom was given a similar outfit, swapping out the blue tunic for his favorite color: grey.

When he stepped out into the living room, dressed, I fanned myself. "Take me now."

He chuckled. "But there's no broom cupboard nearby."

That got a very loud unladylike snort out of me as I fought against the desire to cackle. I buried my face in my hands, taking deep breaths before my giggles were under control.

"Oh man," I said, "this is going to be fun."

"I certainly hope so," he said. "Second date and all."

"Oh-ho! Second date now, huh?" I chuckled. "How many more until you put out?"

Tom made a loud hmm sound. "Depends on which rules we're playing by. Common decency would suggest marriage—"

I boo'd.

"—but that's clearly been thrown out the window since the seventies," he finished. "I'm not sure what the standard is now."

"Neither am I," I said. "You know as Prefect I'm supposed to roam the halls, right?"

"Mm-hmm."

"You won't believe how many people I've already caught mid-throws in the cupboards. Younger than me! I can't believe I'm not the one getting caught in the cupboards. What a waste."

"How scandalous," he mocked.

"Truly. It's my only flaw," I agreed.

It was Tom's turn to snort.

"Hey!"

"Yes, yes. Your only flaw," he patronized.

My lips turned back up in a wicked smile. "Glad you agree. Come on, the night is young and we've much to do!"

"After you," he said, bowing briefly.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Rosier Manor.

It was once Unplottable, but the wards had deteriorated and so it was found by some of my illegal sources.

The current Lord of Rosier was a man named Felix who graduated Hogwarts in the early 1980s—barely a decade older than Harry. Felix did not reside in the manor, contrary to public knowledge, but lived in a flat in London. The man voted more often with the Dark than Neutral or Light, but as far as I could discern he had not joined the Death Eaters, nor did he collude with them.

He was a bigot, but an independent one.

I didn't know why he didn't live in his manor. I paid a hefty sum from Gringotts for the Goblins to disclose that Felix spared no expense to fortify the manor, yet he himself did not choose to reside in it.