Chapter 23

JAXSON

It has been three weeks since I have talked to Alessia. She will not even look at me. When she sees me come towards her, she turns around and goes the other way. A couple of times, I have managed to corner her, just to hear her voice but Emily or Jessica are always on guard and pull her away from me.

I cannot blame them though. I made my choice. Holding on to her is not fair to her. I just did not think it would be this hard. I can see it is hurting her too. The bond is still so strong. I am sure that she feels it too but does not know what it is.

I am in a meeting with two other alphas from the area, Chase and William. We are supposed to be discussing alliances and treaties, but I am not paying attention. My thoughts are on her.

I have not spoken to my wolf in three weeks either. I do not feel him except when I am around her. I feel his sadness. If I speak to him about anything, he just ignores me.

Today when I was leaving for my meeting, Becca and I argued. She kept whining and it was really irritating me. She is upset with me because I have not touched her since being with Alessia. I cannot, now that I know it causes her pain. I opened the front door and slammed into Alessia. My mind was so distracted that I did not even smell her until my chest was against hers. I reached my arms around her waist to keep her from falling. After she regained her balance, I still held on to her. I put my face in her neck. Even though I could smell Micah, both my wolf and I calmed down. My body has instantly felt at peace. I could not help but kiss her neck. It felt so good.

She tried to push me away. I could not help but ask her for a minute to hold her. I needed it more than she will ever know. She gave it to me. She stopped pushing me away. I felt her hands on my chest. She was relaxing her body.

Her hands made their way to my sides and she held it.

Then I heard Becca's voice calling my name. Alessia pushed me away with such force I stumbled back. She looked at me like she hated me. What have I done? I fucked up.

I was pulled from my thoughts when the door opened, and Micah came in. I knew he was supposed to be here but here he comes almost an hour late.

"Sorry for being late, I got caught up in a very important phone call." He said while smirking at me.

The conversation got off track with the other alphas. They started talking about females. Only one of us has a mate so they were talking about different conquests.

I just sat there because I did not want to be having this conversation.

"I recently met this amazing woman and things are going great. She's not my mate but I could definitely see a future with her." Micah said while staring at me. My wolf was ready to make an appearance because we both know who he was talking about. "Oh really, what is she like?" Alpha Chase said. Micah pulled out his phone and turned it around showing everyone a picture of Alessia and him. He had his arms around her, staring at her. She was smiling at the camera. I was trying desperately to keep my wolf at bay. I am digging my claws into the chair. He is watching my every move. "Oh, Jaxson knows her, she actually lives with him. She is his sister's best friend. Come on Jaxson, I know you fucked her, what is she like?" He said.

That is all it took. I flipped the table; it flew across the room. I shifted into my wolf. He was ready to shred Micah to pieces. How the hell was he going to disrespect her like that.

Micah shifted as well. I lunged at him. The other two alphas shifted as well trying to break us up. My claws tore into his chest. He bit down on my shoulder. I flipped him and my claws ran across his face. His claws dug into the bite mark on my shoulder. As he tried to dig deeper, the other alphas managed to get in between us. "SHIFT!" Chase yelled.