Chapter 28

Helen and Arthur were heading back to camp, excited to tell everyone that not only did they have a dungeon dive tomorrow, but it was going down a tunnel no one has ever been before. As they approached the camp everyone appeared to be conversing happily, although Tess seemed to be covering her face with her hands, while Claire and Lilia seemed to be looking over the red dress she had to wear in Frozen Hell.

"Alright everyone, we have an A rank dive for tomorrow morning," Helen announced as she arrived.

"Great," Adam said as he got up, the rest of the male members of the group following. "Now it's time to get to work."

"What kind of work are you doing?" Arthur asked.

"You'll see. Come on lover boy, you're coming with me," Adam then picked Arthur up and through him over his shoulder.

"Hey! Put me down! I'm not a sack of potatoes here!" Arthur yelled.

"You'll thank me later," Adam replied as he and all the male members left camp.

"Bye papa," Sylvie said as she waved from Tess' lap.

"What just happened?" Helen asked as she watched them all walk away.

"Adam lost what little mind he had left," Jasmine replied.

"Helen come on," Angela announced excitedly as she came out of her tent with her bag. "We've got some work to do too."

"What kind of work? What are you all talking about?" Helen asked, completely confused as to what happened in the short time she was gone.

"Getting Tess here ready for her and Arthur's date night," Claire chimed in sounding as excited as Angela.

—————————————————————

"Hmmm, I would have thought there'd be something we could use here," Adam mused as he walked past the shops with Arthur over his shoulder.

"What are we even doing?" Arthur groaned. "And why can't you put me down to walk."

"While you were gone it was mentioned how you and Tess haven't been on a date yet. So it was decided we were going to make that happen tonight, and we're going to help you get ready," Elijah replied.

"Adam. Remember our duel on the way to Xyrus when I was five?" Arthur asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" Adam replied, barely paying him any attention as he looked around.

"Put me down now or else I'll challenge you to a rematch in front of all these people," Arthur threatened, releasing a little mana from his core.

"Man you're heavy," Adam replied, and lowered Arthur down to his feet. He then groaned as he stretched his back. "You're going to have to walk from here, I can't hurt my back with us having a raid tomorrow."

Arthur decided to ignore his flimsy excuse, and decided to get down to business. "What are you even looking for?"

"I'm trying to find you some decent clothes for your date. Based on what Jasmine said about when your two were traveling, I bet you didn't exactly bring any nice clothes," Adam replied.

"There aren't any shops like that here, and why would there be? This is a new outpost literally at a dungeon," Durden replied.

"Well then why didn't you stop me sooner?" Adam questioned.

"To watch you make a fool of yourself," Durden replied with a smile.

Adam grumbled in frustration, then looked to Curtis. "Hey your majesty, you look like you're about Arthur's size, and I bet you've got some nice clothes on you. Mind letting Arthur barrow some for tonight?"