Chapter 26

1k + reads so congratulations 🎊 but all of this wouldn't have been possible without you my dear readers. Thank You for giving all the love to this story and I hope this journey continues to be awesome just like it is now. Thanks a lot everyone 🥰

---------‐------------‐-----------------------------------------

After everyone retired to their rooms, I went and sat on my balcony while Asher followed me and sat beside me, no one was talking but still, there was a comfortable silence in between us. Though a few minutes later Asher starts talking and says, “ Are you alright Alyne?” I just nod my head as I really had nothing to say. But continues further, “Alyne baby listen carefully ok? I know you are a strong she-wolf with powers who can take care and protect herself very well but for this once can you let me help you and protect you? And I promise Alyne that I won’t let any harm come near you.” I did not know what to say because the problem now wasn’t about who is protecting whom but to know that to what extent can that King go to harm our pack and take me away? And while I was busy thinking all these I had not noticed that I had kept my mindlink open for Asher to listen to everything but that was at least good because now I did not have to explain to him all my queries.
Asher came forward and kissed my temple and said, “I understand your worries Alyne but like I said not only I but our whole pack is ready for the war ahead of them and save their future Luna. So don’t worry and it’s pretty late now so let’s get some sleep as we have a tough day ahead tomorrow.” I nod my head and we head inside. And while head to the bed, Asher goes for a quick shower before sleep. And by the time he came back and slept beside me, I was already half-asleep, though I remember him kissing my forehead and saying, ‘Sleep tight  Love. I’m here with You.’ And that had put an instant smile on my face and I was out like a light.
Asher’s P.O.V:
After having dinner at Alyne's place, it was also decided that we would be staying at theirs for the night as well and the moment I heard the news, Rey and I both were ecstatic about it that we were able to spend more time with our Alyne. But I could feel that she was stressed out about everything that was going on and that why I ask her to trust me that I will protect her no matter what even when I know that she is capable enough to care of herself but I still didn’t want her to do all this alone and after all, I was her mate, and it is my duty to protect her and protect the pack as their future Alpha.
After Alyne drifted off to sleep even I also fell asleep because of the tiredness but an hour later I woke up as Rey was feeling very anxious about something and constantly kept on nagging me to be alert. I did not understand why was he being so anxious but soon got my answer when I saw someone standing on Alyne’s balcony. I quickly got up from the bed and took my protective stance but before I did anything I take a quick look at Alyne’s peaceful sleeping form and get relaxed as she did not have to see all these, she was already tensed. Without wasting much time I quickly tiptoe out to the balcony and close the door behind and ask the person using my alpha tone that what was he doing here? And how did he manage to trespass the pack borders to which he smirks and says ‘You call that security? For a person like me they are nothing but weaklings and as per your curiosity even when you did not ask the question that who am I? Well for that you will soon get to know and when you would you will be either very happy or furious.’ I did not understand what was the werewolf standing in front of me blabbered, instead, I took this opportunity took this opportunity to have a good look at him, he was tall, might be an inch taller than me as well, he had a well-built body, bright red eyes – bright red eyes just like the werewolf we had seen in the woods and I become alert. I ask him, ‘Weren’t you the same guy whom we had an encounter with in the woods?’ The devil yes looking at his bright red eyes, the name devil suited him, he gave a sinister laugh and said, ‘Well well my dear Alpha you do have a good memory. Well good for you.’ Listening to each and every word that came out of his mouth made Rey impatient and he just wanted to rip that wolf’s throat apart but I did not let him lose control without knowing the reason behind his frequent appearance in my territory, so I ask him, ‘Why are you showing up in my territory? What do you want? Because I know that you are the King’s follower but you showing up here, again and again, does have an ulterior motive, what is it?’
The devil laughs his sinister laugh and says, ‘Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, the Alpha is very eager to know but it is so sad that he won’t be able to know everything because it is not time yet and well I shall leave now because my times up and I have preparations to do to welcome my Queen. So off I go, hope to see you soon Alpha.’ And within the blink of an eye, he vanished away again even before I could do anything to him. But suddenly the words ‘I have preparations to do to welcome my queen’ rang up a bell in my mind that this person with bright red eyes was the King and he so fearlessly in front of me claimed my Alyne as his because he knew that I did know his real identity yet but he will soon regret his actions and I will make sure of that because no one dares to take away from me what belongs to me and Alyne was mine, my love, my life and no one can change that.

The war is about to start, so stay tuned guys.... till then Keep Reading 😁