Closer 5

Closer

Sometimes one just needs to feel somebody a little bit closer.

Your eyes flutter open during the early evening when you feel encased in a warm body.

It's Addison, she's now on the floor lying next to you, pulling you close to her chest.

"I got cold," Addison whispers.

"There are more blankets," you whisper back.

"I wanted to hold you," says Addison. "Is that okay?" she asks you.

"Yeah," you nod, and you lie closer so that your head is resting on her, and your arms are intertwined.

You're much warmer, and much cozier, and even if the floor is a bit still you feel great, and Addison is humming softly as you doze off again.

You dream of a house filled with children, and you and Addison being married, and you also have a dog that you love, and you're so happy that you just want to keep dreaming.

Warm arms wrap around your back as you wake up to your alarm clock, and you blink two or three times to see if your dream came true.

Addison is in your house: check.

But you don't have four kids and a dog together (yet!?): so no check.

But okay, you weren't really ready for four kids yet anyway.

You sigh, it was a nice wistful dream, and you try not to analyze it too much to figure out what it means.

If you were more of a chivalrous person you might be getting up now and making Addison breakfast, but you don't know how to do that, and you think that Izzie might be up and in your kitchen anyway, so you just cuddle Addison closer, and inhale the sweet scent of apricots.

Apricots- shoot, you're gonna be smelling like apricots all day. Not that you don't like that, but it might be kinda suspicious that you do, so maybe you should be getting a shower, but you like the apricot smell, so maybe you'll keep it.

You wonder if you should wake Addison up, you're not sure when she's supposed to be working, so you start stroking her back softly and whispering into her ear, "Addie, time to wake up..."

You brush her hair from her face, and she grumbles a little, and tugs on your shirt until you come back to her, and she mumbles that she doesn't have to be in until eight because she's an Attending.

"My friends are all gonna be here soon," you whisper.

"That's okay, they know I'm here," Addison whispers.

"Does Derek know you're here?" you whisper softly, and then you bite your lip because you might have broken the thin spell you were working under.

"He knows I'm at a friend's house," Addison shrugs.

"Would you tell him it was me if he asked you?" You wonder aloud.

"Yeah," says Addison. "I'm not ashamed of hanging out with you, or anything," Addison smiles.

"But he might be upset," you say.

"He might be," says Addison. "But just because we're married doesn't mean I'm not a free person," says Addison.

"Will he think you're having an affair?" You blurt out.

Addison laughs then, full laughter with her eyes opening, and you stare in them, and you get lost in them.

"He might, or he might not. I don't know," Addison laughs.

"Are you here just because you don't want to be in the woods?" You ask teasingly.