Chapter 1~Captured

Noel's POV

(Noel is the arctic fox)

------------------------------------------------

I yawned and blinked open my eyes as a light chilly breeze swept into my little snowy den. I looked around my den before shoving myself to my paws and stretching. A stronger breeze swept into my den and I shivered. All year long it would be this chilly, but us arctic foxes didn't mind as much as other animals would. Humans didn't like this cold much so there weren't many of those around. I slowly padded out of my den and squinted as the bright sunlight reflected off the snow. I growled as I crept forward into the shade of a snow pile, which the humans had made so they could try and find earth in this area. They had made a big hole lined with snow but hadn't hit earth, so they gave up. I blinked my eyes trying to get rid of the spots and I pricked my ears, opening my mouth to taste the air.

* * *

Nathan's POV

(Nathan is the man)

-------------------------------

I Woke up on another morning inside my warm cottage located in the arctic. Today was going to be another day of ice fishing, and fox hunting. Arctic foxes were beautiful and I had to catch one myself to bring home. I swung my feet to the side of the bed and stood up, stretching my arms and legs. Then I walked to the small kitchen-like area and started brewing myself a cup of coffee. I sat down in a chair at a small table located in a corner of the cottage, and relaxed. I read the newspaper I had brought with me and found an article. When I read the title I tipped back in my chair, and fell in surprise.

"In Florida people will pay to see an arctic fox!?" I shouted as I scrambled to my feet and picked up the chair. "I'll be rich after I get an arctic fox and go back to Florida!" I yelped as I poured myself some coffee. As I chugged the coffee I stepped into my winter books and shrugged into my coat. Putting the empty mug on the table I grabbed my tranquilizer gun and ran out the door. "I will catch an arctic fox and become rich, if it's the last thing I do!" I yelled as I ran into the snowy wind that was starting to blow.

* * *

Noel's POV

-------------------

I caught the scent of a hare and silently followed the trail. The trail led me to a small burrow in the snow, swarming with the fresh scent of the hare. I crouched outside the burrow and watched as the hare came out. Before it could react and leaped through the air and landed square on the hare. It squealed in surprise before I slammed my paw hard on it's back, hearing the snap of it's spine as it went limp. I picked up my catch in my jaws and carried it the a shadowy spot where I ate my catch in peace.

I took the last bite of the hare before I shoved the bones and fur to the side. With a full belly, I made my way back to my den to take a nap. I circled the spot in my den a few times before settling down, setting my head on my front paws. My eyes began to droop and I sank into a soft sleep.

* * *

Nathan's POV

--------------------------

While I was out, I thought I saw a white shape moving. But, when I rubbed my eyes, it was gone. I continued my search for an arctic fox for hours, until I found some shallow paw prints in the snow. I followed the paw prints to a small igloo and peeked inside. I almost had a heart attack when I saw, sleeping in the igloo, was an arctic fox. It's flank was rising and falling with it's breaths, and it looked so majestic. I slowly raised my tranquilizer gun and aimed at the fox's shoulder. I shifted my weight a little bit to prepare to shoot when the arctic fox's head shot up and it stared right at me. I fired the gun and watched as the fox sleepily sank to the ground. I pulled a net out of my bag and gently scooped up the fox before carrying the net back to my cottage.

When I arrived at my cottage I dumped the arctic fox from the net into a cage. After I locked the cage I grabbed my satellite phone and called for a ride. While I waited patiently for my ride I noticed the fox began to shift a little bit in the cage. Then I realized it was waking up and I stantly rushed over to the cage. I stared at it until I heard a honk from outside. I quickly peeked out a window to see it was my ride, before grabbing the cage with the arctic fox and carried it to the big van. I opened the back doors and loaded the cage into the van before walking to the front and climbing into the passenger side. Then we were off, me and my buddy, to our next mode of transportation. An airplane would take us from here, to Florida. Then I would slowly start to become rich.

Well... this is the first part of my animal abuse story. I feel like I should be more excited about this project but, well I just prefer fanfiction instead of this kind of story. No one comments or votes on any of my stories, so let's go for 5 reads? Then we'll see about chapter 2.