Chapter 2~Florida Heat

Noel's POV

(Now arriving in Florida)

-------------------------------------

I looked up at the man who had captured me, and he gave me a smile. It wasn't a kind smile either. It was almost an evil smile...

"So the fox is fully awake now. Wonderful" he in his deep voice, keeping the same smile on his face as he gazed at me with his brown eyes. I blinked and looked straight up to see a white roof above the cage I was trapped in. Looking around at my surroundings, I saw that the the cage which contained me was on some sort of blue surface. To my right there was a white wall with a hole in the center, and all i saw was blue. To my left, the man sat. I narrowed my eyes at him and growled.

"You'll never get away with this!" I snarled at him, even though I knew he wouldn't be able to understand me. The man just smirked and rested his arm on the top of the cage.

"Hush now, little fox. You are my merchandise and I don't want anything to happen to you before I can start raking in the money" he quietly laughed as a woman walked up to him.

"Sir, can you please keep your... dog quiet? It is starting to disturb other passengers" she said politely, giving me an uncertain look as she said the word 'dog'.

"Dog? Do not confuse me with one of those loud smelly beats!" I barked at the woman as I stood up. The cage was just large enough for me to stand up, and my tail slightly swished back and forth as I glared at her. The man chuckled softly.

"I'm sorry, miss. You see, she just gets very scared when she travels and you know how animals get when they're scared" he assured the woman. 

"Well, we will be reaching the Florida airport soon, so I suggest you hold onto that cage" the woman said quickly before walking away. I looked at the man with my deep brown eyes.

"What do you plan to do with me, human? What is this 'Florida' that the woman was speaking of!" I barked at him as my fur bristled. He looked at me, and shook his head. 

"Shut up, you pesky fox!" he ordered as humans around as started to stand up and grab items from some sort of containment unit above their heads.

  * * * 

Nathan's POV

(Arriving at his cottage in the woods)

----------------------------------------------------

I hefted the cage into my cottage and set it down on the couch as I removed my coat and boots, setting them by the front door. 

"I should name you, shouldn't I?" I said the the arctic fox as I sat on the couch beside the cage. The fox looked up at me with it's brown eyes, and it seemed slightly scared. It was clearly on edge, and it didn't like the change of environment at all. I smirked at the fox and reached my hand over to the lock. I unlocked the cage and slowly opened the door, watching the fox carefully. It leaped out of the cage and ran at the front door,  scratching at it in an attempt to get out of my cottage. "Hey, you're not gonna get anywhere my scratching the door!" I called to the lovely white fox as it turned it's head to look at me. I shook my head and laughed. "But I suppose I could let you outside, because then you would probably end up dead anyways" I shrugged before standing up and walking over to the kitchen to grab a nice cold glass of water.

"Yo, Nathan! Can I come in, man?" I heard a familiar voice sound from the other side of the front door, and I froze. I quickly turned and looked at the fox, to see it dart over to the couch and crouch behind it. 

"Jesus Christ, dude. You almost gave me a heart attack!" I laughed as I opened the door to see my brother, David. David walked in, and laughed along with me.

"Nah, that wouldn't ever happen to you!" he laughed as he patted me on the back. "So, little brother, what have you been up to?" David asked as he saw the open cage sitting on my couch. oh, I neglected to mention he was my older brother. Two years older than me, to be exact. 

"Eh, same old. I just got back from the arctic" I said casually as I walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water for my brother. I heard my brother laugh from behind me and i turned around to give him a questioning look. 

"So, I'm guessing you caught something since there's a tuft of white fur caught on the latch of the cage" he observed as he sat down next to the cage. I tensed and my eyes darted around the room for the fox. It was nowhere to be seen. 'Want me to close the front door?" David said, and I actually nearly had a heart attack. Sure enough, the door was open. So that meant the fox was gone.

Okay guys, here's the second chapter! Consider this my Christmas gift to everyone who likes this story :) Merry Christmas!