7⋅Heartache

"So," Party breaks the silence we've been set in, leaning back against the headboard. Turns out Party has a lot of real food hidden among the mess of his room and decided to share a bag of chips with me along with some soda and candies – to be honest, it's absolute heaven after so long eating that fucking Power Pup. We sit on his bed with the open bags over it and cans of soda in hand. "When are you leaving?"

"I'm not leaving," I say as adjusting my position by the end of the bed, sighing. "At least not yet, I mean. I'm not completely recovered, neither do I know where my friends are... If it's okay, I'd like to stay at least until I find them."

Party observes me for a moment and furrows his eyebrows, bottom lip sticking out lightly. "But you've recovered."

"...But I've got nowhere to go," I reply in what sounds more like a question, but it's all because I'm simultaneously trying to understand where he is going with all of this. Why is he so insistent over this subject? "Neither, like, a car or a bike, whatever." I pause, silently observing it as Poison looks down as nibbling on a chip and doesn't seem like he paid attention to any of my words.

"So, you're leaving when you find your gang, right?" he asks, rhetorically. "Are you coming back to visit? You'll come back, right?"

"Party, what the hell?" I raise an eyebrow at him, pausing to finish my drink and put the empty can away. "Like, why are you even worrying about that now?"

"I— I just want to know!" He furrows his eyebrows, sighing softly as he shifting on his place and reaches for a candy this time, also putting his can away, setting it on the nightstand. I hum in response in what I assume to be the end of this subject, just to be proven otherwise. "But, like, please tell me – you're going to visit us, yeah? I mean..." He scratches the back of his neck. "The guys really like you and all," he mutters.

"Well, yeah, I guess." I shrug. I never really thought about this and things certainly will become awkward when they find out the truth like Jet did, so I am not really sure if I mean it. Party notices it.

"You can't do that," he protests in some sort of whine, throwing his hands in the air, and shifts around like if he's going to stand up or something, but never leaves the spot. He nibbles down on his bottom lip for a moment until his eyes meet mine and he crawls over to me, placing his hands on my shoulders and sitting back on his legs. "Like, we've been through so much in these..." He takes a moment to think. "Two and a half weeks! You can't just disappear! We'll miss you!"

"Party," I say in a desperate tone because I still don't get the reason of all the urgence and worry. I'm not even that relevant to them. "Calm down, you—"

"Calm down?" Party looks at me with wide eyes as his grip on my shoulders tenses up, mouth opening and closing a few times though no word ever comes. "(K/n)," he cries in frustration and what sounds like anger and seems like he is about to say something else, but ends up just storming out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Okay.

That was... weird. I honestly don't know what to think. It just doesn't make sense. Why would Poison be so worried about me laving, in first place? The most that is going on between the both of us is that he's the one I'm the closest to out of the four and we're always cuddling and sharing kisses now and then. It's not like I just made a lifetime bond or something. They're the Fabulous Four, they've got more shit to worry about rather than some idiot they found injured. It is honestly confusing.

A groan escapes my throat as I rub my face and give myself a moment to digest everything before I start to clean the bed, putting everything on the desk so we can eat more later and I'll throw the cans away when I have the opportunity to.