eighteen

The music was pounding in your ears as you walked into the penthouse floor. People were dancing and yelling as the party was in full swing.

Tony whistled. "So glad of you to finally join us girls. Y/N, our guest of honor."

He gestured us in, and you ignored the various stares that came your way from guests you didn't know.

You smiled as Bucky almost immediately rushed over to you.

"Hey," you said as the other girls go over to another group of people.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked playfully, and you scowled. He'd been asking that almost everyday, but it was starting to become a joke more than anything.

"Fine, thank you," you said bluntly and he laughed. He led you over to the bar where you happily accepted a drink.

"You know, since I'm an Avenger now and all, I can come on missions with you."

He frowned slightly. "As much as I love spending more time with you, I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of you possibly getting hurt."

You gave him a look. "I can fend for myself, and besides, I worry about you every time you go out on missions too! It's only fair that you get to experience that as well."

He chuckled. "Okay, okay, fair point. But when you get out there, don't push yourself too hard, you're still new to the whole powers thing."

"Okay, fine," you smile.

He held his hand out. "Enough talking. Wanna dance?"

You nodded with a smile taking his hand. He led you onto the dance floor as you danced alongside the other Avengers and a bunch of strangers Tony invited you didn't even know.

You danced through the night, your intricate hairstyle falling loose down your shoulders as the music became more and more upbeat. But you didn't mind. It was the first time in a long, long, long time since you felt carefree and actually happy, dancing alongside Bucky. Eventually the music slowed as Bucky drew you closer to him, his hands on your waist and your hands around his neck. Again, his touch felt almost natural to you now as you stood there, swaying in his arms. After a while, you rested your head against his shoulder, wanting this moment to last forever. He didn't seem to mind as you slowly stood there, your feet moving in synchrony to the soft beat of the music. You felt happy, content, like there was nothing in the world besides you and Bucky.

You felt a gentle tap on your shoulder as you looked up at Bucky. "Hey, I'm gonna go get a drink, okay?"

You nodded, sad as you would've stayed there all night, but you did need a break from all the people. Sighing, you decided to walk up to the rooftop. It was quiet and peaceful there, besides you could have some time to think. You leant against the railing on your elbows, letting the soft breeze blow your hair in all different directions. The sky was clear, and the faint music from the party softly drifted up onto the rooftop.

Suddenly, you heard footsteps as someone joined you in leaning against the railing.

"Hey."

"Hey," Bucky replied, turning and smiling at you. The wind was also blowing his hair sideways. "What are you doing up here?"

"I'm enjoying the night breeze after being in that stuffy party for ages."

"So you're trying to escape dancing with me?" He joked with a grin. You turned to face him.

"Of course not, that was probably my favorite part of the whole party-"

He cut you off by putting his lips to yours. The kiss stopped time as you found your hands reaching up to drag themselves through his hair as his metal arm kept a strong grip around your waist, the other one moving up to your wind-tangled hair. 

After what felt like forever, he finally pulled away. You couldn't help but smile like an idiot as you stared at him, your E/C eyes meeting his blue ones, though they really changed color all the time.

He grinned back at you, his arm still loosely around your waist. "I've wanted to do that for a very, very long time. I keep thinking that I shouldn't, that I should focus on protecting you, and not pressure you with even more after everything you've been through. But then I saw you in that dress and I-"

You interrupted him with another kiss, not being able to help yourself anymore. He kissed back, his hand tangling in your hair yet again.

"I couldn't help myself anymore," he breathed, smiling at you with his forehead resting against yours.

A/N ~

I don't have much to say besides:

heheheheheehehhehehehehehehhehe

this chapter took me a while to perfect lol and I hope it was goood! it's a little short but I had to end it where I ended it, what can I say?

thank you for reading and I'll see ya in the next chapter :)

OH ALSO TY FOR LIKE 850 READS LOL IN BASICALLY A MONTH HOLY SHIT-

you guys are the best :D