╰►prologue

❏  ❐  ❑  ❒

❏  ❐  ❑  ❒

Two pretty pink lines.

The way they seemed to smile at you was shameless, mocking your little mishap with emboldened expression as you shook the pregnancy test once, twice, three times— hoping that just maybe if you shook it hard enough, one of those lines would disappear.

You're pregnant.

Any semblance of doubt was irrefutable, considering the fact that this was the seventh fucking positive test you've gotten within the last three days.

"Shit," you whispered, your tone breathy and void of emotion— knowing full well that once you let that first tear fall, you wouldn't be able to stop.

You were barely eighteen, your final year of high school soon coming to an end. You had big plans; college was right around the corner and well within your grasp. Would those aspirations have to be put on hold now? You set the test down on the bathroom counter and looked in the mirror, your reflection was that of someone you could hardly recognize. A once beaming smile and glimmering gaze had become downcast and sunken— your cheeks puffed and swollen as salted tears streamed down your face.

Truthfully, you weren't sure if you even wanted kids, never really taking the time to think about it considering the fact that you were still so young. You figured it would be something you would decide later on, long after you'd settled down and gotten married, if even at all.

Time was no longer a luxury you could afford.

A baby... was it possible? Would you actually be able to handle something like this— a child, a living, breathing tiny human— made up of the best parts of you and...