Bug Hunting

Harry Potter and the Shadowed Light

Chapter 40

~

Previously

"you plan on what? Replacing your followers with people under this potion, surely the guards will notice when Bellatrix goes from raving mad to sobbing?"

"I have a plan for that, charms and compulsions, as well as releasing a deadly strain of wizarding flu. All of the imposters will succumb, and if a few others do as well then its no massive loss. The ministry won't look into it as they will be too busy celebrating the death of such monsters."

Harry took a deep breath and counted to ten slowly in his head, Marvolo had clearly been think about this for a while if he already had everything planned out, a thought which hurt him as he thought they had agreed to tell each other everything.

"You've clearly though about this for a long time."

"I have."

"I won't stand in your way, but I won't support you in this, not fully. I can't," Harry could see the pain is words caused the older man, but he refused to stay and listen, turning he quickly walked out of the room. Not even noticing how his eyes filled with tears, too focused on the magic of his mate that seemed to cry out with longing as the distance between them grew with each hurried step.

///

Sirius Black knew that the likelihood of him surviving attacking his sons Partner?Boyfirend?Soulmate?The Dark Lord were slim, that did not however stop him from imagining it, in great detail. The fantasies getting more and more creative as each sob shook the precious bundle that he currently cradled.

"Ssssh darling, don't cry," he repeated, as he continued to rock the small teen in his arms. Harry had stormed passed him and through the floo, leaving everybody in the room shocked. Sirius however was the first to recover and had promptly followed his son home, only to find him curled up sobbing.

Harry couldn't seem to control himself as the tears kept coming, he wondered briefly about the severity of his reaction, but the thought soon disappeared as another wave of anguish hit him.

"I... I... just w-walked... away," he eventually managed to say, the words without context not doing anything to help Sirius understand.

"It's okay pup, take your time, I'm here and I'm never leaving you."

"I, I shouldn't have left, bu- but... h-he wants to get is followers out... out of Azkaban."

Sirius sucked in a breath, hands stilling before he forced himself to relax, "I take it that this is something you disagree with?"

Harry took a moment to breath and try to force his tears to stop, "she killed you last time, Bellatrix I mean, she killed you and then she laughed about it."

Sirius fought to keep his face from reacting to the words, he did not like to think of his death, especially seeing how much it affected his son, "I'm okay Harry, I'm right here, alive."

"I know, but I can't, I can't see her without seeing you fall, without remembering the pain I felt when you..." he couldn't say the words again, they died on his tongue.

"Although I am loath to admit this as my relationship with her was never the best, she is not the Bellatrix you knew," Sirius said, tightening his hold when he felt Harry go to move away, "I know that saying that doesn't change your memories or perspective, but you cannot hold against her actions she has yet to do. Blame her for what she has done, she isn't innocent, nor do I think she's sane, but she's not guilty of everything you hate her for."