slipping. oscar

'Can I request an idea about Oscar Diaz being attracted to Cesars friend but she's not interested in his flirting. Like she's more trouble then him. He sees she sneaking out, causing trouble, drinking e.g. maybe he catches her slipping, like she's just really quite - maybe sees drugs in her bag or something, sees bruises, sees she's not around as often so he becomes all protective and worried. 🤚🏻❤️'

"d'you think you should slow down?" monse's touch pulled you out of the daze you hadn't realised you'd been in. your eyelids heavy, dragging your gaze over to where she stood next to you, hand on your shoulder. her head tilted, eyebrows furrowed as she watched your vacant expression change into something she didn't recognise. "i don't know what's going on with you lately-- but if you would just--"

"i'm fine, monse," you cracked a smile, your eyes rolling. she could be so uptight sometimes, it was a real drag. "lighten up, seriously," you shrugged off her hand, stumbling over your feet a bit trying to remove yourself from her company as quickly as possible.

you hadn't been yourself for a while now, you knew this, so did your friends. you didn't know how to pull yourself out it, and you didn't want to try confiding in your friends. you pushed down the dull ache in your chest, hoping it just go away if you ignored it for long enough. it hadn't worked so far, but getting drunk helped ease it just a bit.

monse was just trying to help, you knew that, but for some reason, whenever anybody tried to offer you a hand, you found your mind going blank and you shut down. you just had to focus on anything else, soon enough everything would fix itself.

you diverted, spotting cesar moving towards you from across the room. you turned around, heading in the opposite direction towards the kitchen to get yourself a refill, and hopefully not bump into any more of your friends for a while. you didn't need any more nagging from them.

you picked yourself up another beer, cracking it open on the edge of the counter. the alcohol was kinda warm as it slipped down your throat, you cringed at the feeling but continued to gulp it down until it was empty.

you lifted your gaze, as you grabbed another beer from the pile, feeling his eyes watching you. you popped off the top of the bottle again, your eyes dropping to his lips, where he wore a poorly-disguised smile. you couldn't deal with him, not right now, you didn't have the energy.

you made to leave the room, only getting halfway before you felt his hands on your waist, halting you. you groaned, trying to pull away, only for him to laugh and grip tighter. "c'mon, girl, i ain't seen you all night."

"i wonder why," you mumbled to yourself, turning to face him when you saw no other way of getting out. his hands slipped round your waist, bringing you closer. "what's up?" you faked a smile, but you were tired, your eyes drooping again slightly and your head feeling foggier after that last beer.

"you're my best customer an' i ain't see you all night, kid, that's what's up," his hand moved further south of your waist, but you didn't have it in you to push his hands away. you knew the reaction you'd get if you did. "what you after? eh? usual?"

you humphed, taking a sip from the bottle in your hand before shaking your head. "i'm good, luis, still using up last weeks stash."

this made him chuckle, his breath fanning your lips now he'd gotten closer to you. you gulped, your eyes shifting away from his face, feigning a look of amusement so not to antagonise him. "you're slowing down, hyna. let me give you a lil' somethin' anyway," his eyes were locked on you, never shifting, you were uncomfortable to say the least. "my treat, hm?"

you remained still, one of his hands moving around before dropping something into the neck of your bottle. your head was groggier than ever, last thing you needed was anything that luis was giving out for free. you didn't know how to say no, you didn't want to lose your supplier. not many people dared to involve themselves with you, it took you a while to find luis, and you only had him because he was too stupid and sleazy to turn you down when you came looking. most people knew that you were involved with the diaz family, best friends with the youngest, and the eldest brother was known to scare off anyone who came sniffing around you. you'd known them both for most of your life, you'd been kept safe just by association. but now you were older, it was more of a burden than anything else.