Chapter Forty Six.

Friday

7:20 p.m.

New York City, New York

Alexis adorned her ears with a pair of diamond stud earrings and stepped back to look at herself in the mirror. She wore a black leather mini skirt, a red long sleeved turtleneck crop top and a pair of Tom Ford black lace up thigh high boots. She kept the signature "S" necklace on and grabbed a jacket just in case. She smoothed down her growing short hair, made sure her matte crimson red lipstick wasn't on her teeth and walked out of the walk-in closet. She grabbed her phone and her patent leather envelope clutch, holding it by the chained strap before walking downstairs.

She walked out of the door and walked towards her designated car. The driver opened the door for her and she got into the backseat, buckling her seatbelt. Antonio got into the passenger side while the driver rushed over to his side. Soon, the driver pulled off onto the road heading towards the studio.

After about twenty minutes, the car pulled into the parking garage. Alexis got out of the car and walked towards the elevator, pressing the up button. When the doors opened, she stepped inside, pressed the button to the floor of Shady Records and took the elevator up.She stepped off once she reached the floor and walked down the hallway as her heels clicked across the marble floor. She walked down another hallway until she reached the studio and walked inside to see Marshall in the booth rapping as Luis Resto sat at the soundboard.

"Lexi, how you doing?" He smiled, standing up to hug her.

"I'm doing good. How's it going in here?" She asked, placing her purse on the couch.

"It's going great. Your husband's been working hard in here. But then again, when doesn't he?" He chuckled.

"You're right about that. The studio is his second home." She chuckled also.

"He's been putting in a lot of time between helping his artists and doing his own stuff."

"Yeah, guy's a workaholic. But you gotta love it." She smiled.

Marshall signaled for Luis to stop the music and Luis pressed a button to turn it off.

"I'ma do that one again. But I'm gonna say hi to the wife first." He spoke into the mic.

Luis laughed and gave him a thumbs up, "I got you, man. I'll take a step outside for a minute. Lex, always great to see you."

He gave her a polite kiss on the cheek and walked out of the studio as Marshall stepped out of the booth.

"What's good, wifey?" He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer and kissed her lips.

"Hey, boo." She smiled.

"Who told you to look this damn good, huh?"

She scoffed playfully, "I told myself, boy."

"Maybe I need to come along. Make sure no motherfucker tries some shit."

"Marshall, I have Antonio. I'll be fine. Plus, you have work to finish up here and I wouldn't come in between that."

"Nothing's more important than you."

She smiled and cupped his cheeks in her palms, giving him a tender kiss. 

"I'll be good, baby. Don't worry about me."

"Aight, aight. What time you gotta be heading out?"

"The show starts at 8:30, so I'm about to go there now. Carmen should be there not too long before me." She nodded her head.