Sheltered

A bright light was shining... Should you go towards it? Should you run away? Were you dead? What had happened? What's going on? Memories flowed through your mind as if you were watching the movie of your life. Being sent to a training camp at the age of 3. Going home when you turned 10 to hear that your mom had left. Attending UA and meeting Kana. The countless times Mitsuki drove you to school and the countless times Bakugo had been there for you. You father being distant, yet somehow still overprotective. The UA festival that proved to you that you don't need a quirk to be strong. The night that everything fell apart... The real nightmare had started. The light... Would it set you free? I guess you would just find out. You slowly opened your eyes as your final memories faded away forever.

"W-where am I?" You asked as your eyes slowly adjusted.

"Y/N... This may be hard to handle but... You have been brain dead for over five months now. I will call in your doctor to do some check ups on you. This is truly a miracle," A nurse said as she marked a few things on a clipboard.

"Who is Y/N..." You asked, your voice innocent and confused.

"You... You are Y/N? Oh... Oh no," the nurse said as she covered her mouth and her eyes widened. "Do you remember anything from before you woke up?" The nurse continued.

You tried to think but your past never came to you. "I... I don't know?" You said as you tilted your head slightly. You didn't feel sad about losing your memories because it felt as if you never had them in the first place.

"I will be right back Y/N. Please stay in your bed and don't move around too much. We don't know how else the accident could have affected your brain," The nurse said as she walked quickly out of the room.

"An accident?" you mumbled under your breath as you tried to think of what could have happened but nothing came to mind. A doctor walked into the room and asked you a few more questions. They asked you to move all your limbs, a few simple math questions, and what city you lived in. You answered the questions correctly and your mobility was fine.

"Y/N... Who is your family?" This question stumped you as you tried to think.

"I... I don't know," You answered honestly. The doctor wrote a few things down on their clipboard and continued.

"What school do you attend?" They asked.

You thought about this one and gave the same answer "I don't know," The doctor continued to write a few more things down.

"You do seem to have amnesia... Now in some cases your memories can come back in little bits, or completely. In other cases you may never get it back. We are going to call in a few people who are close to you one at a time to see if they can jog your memory," The doctor said as them and the nurse walked out of the room. A few minutes later an older man who had a scrawny build and blonde hair walked in. Tears fell down his face as he entered the room with some balloons for you.

"H-hello?" You said unsure of who this man was.

"Y/N... I am so glad you are back. The doctors told me about your memory, I will do everything in my power to help you," The man said as he wiped his tears and placed the balloons next to your bed.

"I mean... Telling me who you are might be a good start," You said as you laughed and rubbed your neck sheepishly.

"Oh, I am you dad Toshinori Yagi," The man said as his face dropped a bit, you could tell it hurt him to see you like this.

"Well uh... Hi dad!" You said with a fake smile as you tried to make him feel better. You father showed you some photos with you and him in them as he talked about the fun times you had in them. There weren't many photos but with the ones he showed you, you felt like you were missing out on something. "I'm sorry... I just can't remember, but I am sure you were the best dad ever!" You said as you looked at him and he looked back at his phone avoiding eye contact.

"Y/N, would you like your next guest to come in?" The doctor asked as they stepped into your room for a moment.

"No, I'm sorry. This has just been a lot to process and it sorta is giving me a headache," You said as you patted your head lightly and gave a weak smile. The doctor nodded and walked out. You spent the next few days with your dad trying to get your memory back but nothing helped. You were finally released from the hospital and got to go home. You didn't remember what it looked like so your father gave you a tour of the place. Once you got situated in your room your father stepped out to let you get used to it on your own.

The doorbell rang and you heard your father get it, you were curious as to who it was so you sat in the stairwell trying to listen. "I told you I don't want you talking to her," Your father said in a stern tone.

"Can't I just see her?" You heard a raspy masculin voice.

"She is like this because of you! Now leave," Your father said as he shut the door.

"Who was that?" You stepped out of your hiding place and asked.

"Oh, it was noone," Your father said as he smiled at you and walked off. As the days went on you stayed at home and your father tried to get your memory back, as well as help you with the school work you had missed. Your father eventually just took you out of school so that he could teach you, he also didn't want you to be overwhelmed by the people. Years went on as you stayed inside, it was just you and your dad and you were okay with that but it was starting to get slightly boring. You were 19 years old and your life was going nowhere.

"Dad... Can I get a job? They are hiring at the coffee shop you said that me and the girl ,named Kana who died in the accident I was in, used to always go," You asked your dad as you looked at him with pleading eyes. He reluctantly said yes, and you applied for the job. A few days later you got an email saying you were hired, and it had your work hours written in. Your first day at work would be next week Tuesday, and you were stoked to finally get out of the house and interact with people.

A/N welp we still breathing! We are IMMORTAL MWAHAHAHAHA!