29| The Fight

As I lay on my bed in the dormitory after my visit to Sirius in the Shrieking Shack I realized that it wasn't just Remus and I keeping the secret about our relationship away from everyone, but the twins as well

As I lay on my bed in the dormitory after my visit to Sirius in the Shrieking Shack I realized that it wasn't just Remus and I keeping the secret about our relationship away from everyone, but the twins as well. Monica knew, and now, Sirius too.

I kept worrying to myself how many people will know the truth eventually.

Four people knew the secret.

How many more will find out?

I just hoped four was already enough.

~oOo~

"So, how was your lesson in Defence Against the Dark Arts this morning?" Hermione asked eagerly, playing with the locks of her bushy brown hair as the usual chatter of lunch commenced.

"Terrific, as always!" Luke said, interrupting Monica before she could even speak and gave him a serious glance.

"That was exactly what I was gonna say, but – longer," said Monica firmly, as Luke chuckled beside her. "Well, Luke was right. Another terrific and interesting lesson as always, he taught us about Kappas."

"It's been a while since I've read about Kappas." said Hermione fondly as the boys groaned and told her that when will she ever stop reading but she berated them.

"You don't look happy, Selene." Ron said all of a sudden, as I raised my head in confusion at Ron's question.

"What makes you think that?" I said.

"Well, you always seem so happy after every Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson. You're always smiling, and you're always in a good mood," Ron explained, as Hermione and Harry looked at me worriedly. "But now you look like- you look so- sad."

I chuckled to myself and shook my head in response.

"I'm not sad Ron. It's just- stress. I've been so exhausted lately. Don't worry, I'm fine Ron. There's nothing for you all to worry about." I said.

Monica and Luke looked at me as well, their faces full of worry. I just smiled at them, hoping that I would convince them that there was nothing wrong with me and I was fine.

"Or, maybe .... Professor Lupin just scolded you for the first time. Reckon that's why you're upset, Selene." Fred piped up unexpectedly as George grinned in agreement to his twin's words.

"After all, he's never told you off the whole school year." George added.

I snorted at their idea.

"I just want to tell you Fred and George that Professor Lupin did not scold her. There was no tension. And the lesson went perfectly fine for Selene, she's been stressed lately that's why she's not in the mood." Monica chastised the twins.