53

Breakfast
--
LAINE

I woke up nervous as heck, remembering we'll have breakfast with Jane's parents today.

And i could tell Jane is nervous as well, since she's up early, i saw her on a chair next to a little desk she arranged when she started living with me.

She's massaging her temple while her eyes are closed and she's mumbling to herself.

"Hey, you okay?" I called out, she looked at me and nodded her head, but i can tell she's lying, she doesn't look okay to me.

"Sorry,, did i wake you up?" I shook my head as i got up from my bed and walked towards her.

"Hey didn't i say everything will be okay?" I asked, i gently rub her shoulders to ease the tense she's feeling, it's working, she's calming down.

"I know" She said and smiled at me "I'm sorry, I'm just a worry freak person" I smiled as i kissed her cheek then i stood up.

"Come on, let's not be late." I pulled her up and she smiled. "Uhh you take the shower first, i take way too long." I have no idea why i take too long in the shower..

"Glad you noticed." She teased and i playfully smack her arm before she went inside the bathroom.

I played games on my phone while waiting for her, and after 10 minutes she's done and already ready.

Dang, she's fast.. It's my turn. I went to the bathroom to shower, I'm still wondering how am i going to make it fast?

Okay, maybe no concert for now.

Shocking how I'm done after 15 minutes. Jane gave me a teasing grin when i went out of the bathroom.

"What?" I asked her while i was fixing my hair, mostly my bangs. My precious bangs.

"Nothing, it's quite shocking to see you finished early." Oh i saw that coming, i knew she was gonna tease me.

"So, what time do you think your parents will wake up?" I asked, she checked her phone and turns to me.

"Knowing Dad, he's already awake, mom tho, she's still in deep slumber."

If we weren't on this making peace with the in laws i might still be asleep, considering it's saturday and there's no work.

"You ready?" Jane went in front of me and played with my bangs, i playfully shove her. Not my precious baaangs.

"I was, you ruined my bangs." She giggled and i smiled "kidding, let's get this over with!!"

On the way to their house, i tried not to think that it's going to be a disaster, instead i thought of cats and puppies and butterflies and rainbows. Happy thoughts, yeah.

So now, we're at the front door, Jane reached for me and i held her hand and gave it a little squeeze.

She rang the door bell and after a few seconds her mom was the one who opened it.

"Rubyyyy!" Her mom gave Jane a quick but a tight hug. "Oh it's so good to see you again dear!" After noticing my presence, her mom turned to face me.

Oh boy-

"Laine sweetie!"

"Oof-!"

Yeah.. She also gave me a tight hug. But thankfully, she let me go when she noticed i was struggling.

"Oooh! I knew there was something going on with the two of you, I've noticed it everytime Jane wants to hang out with you, she's always so giddy and energetic."

I gave Jane a teasing glance, she's trying hard not to look at me when her mom said that.

"And i heard a lot about you! Considering my daughter always talks to me with this familiar lines 'mom you know Laine is so'-" Mrs. Kim was interrupted when Jane covered her mouth.

"Hehe mom, i think she heard enough." I laughed when i saw how flustered Jane is right now.

"Hmph, i was just telling her that you can't stop talking about her whenever you had the chance." Jane groaned and i laughed again. Oh I'm so going to tease her about this later. "Oh silly me, let's go inside! Your dad is already at the table, fidgeting."

I think fidgeting sounds good right now..

And now, we entered their house i saw Jisoo and Rosé.. Oh Rosé is here.

"Laine!" Rosé noticed me first and gave me a brief hug then she turned to hug Jane aswell.

Jisoo approached us and gave me and Jane a hug, then she smiled.

"Soooo.. Yeah let's get this over with.. Uncle is so nervous."

"Me too" I laughed nervously.

"Me three" Rosé mumbled beside me, "he was really quiet when we arrived.."

We went to the kitchen and when Mr. Kim saw us he stood up and started shifting nervously.

"Oh! You're all here! Uhmm.. Please sit down and uh.. Let's eat!" Wow i can't believe he's nervous too.

Mr. Kim is at the end of the table with his wife on the other side.

Jisoo sat beside Mrs. Kim and Rosé is beside Jisoo, me and Jane sat in the opposite direction.

We ate in silence.. Oh boy the awkwardness.. Jisoo broke it with her funny charms.

"Okay, have any of you tried beetroot?" She asked, all of us stared at her in confusion.

"Yes, i have." Mr. Kim was the one who decided to answer not knowing Jisoo has a funny reply to that.

"I'm glad to hear that uncle!" Then suddenly quiet filled us in again,, but Jisoo suddenly said something "yesterday was so weird for me, but thank god i beet the odds."

W.. Was that a beetroot pun?

I saw Rosé trying to hold her laugh because she still has food in her mouth.

I looked at Jisoo and i immediately regret it... Because i burst out laughing.

And then seconds later everyone in the table started laughing with me.

And the awkward tension was gone.

After we all finished eating..

"Can i have alone time please?" He asked so i was about to stand up but then "with Laine"

Oh crap.

Jane kissed my cheeks and smiled at me before walking away, Jisoo and Rosé gave me a thumbs up.

And now.. I'm all alone with Mr. Kim.

"Mr. Kim-"

"I'm sorry." I am surprised ladies and gents, i wasn't expecting that.

"Sir?" I called

"Uhm.. I'm sorry for.. Not accepting you at first.. I really thought that all you want is money.. But seeing how Jane can leave everything behind, even us.. For you, showed how she really love and care about you. And you being there for her.. I'm sorry i doubted the love you guys shared.. Can you forgive me?"

What he said about me was painful, but seeing him being guilty about it.. I guese it can manage.

"That's all i wanted sir, for you to accept us." I stoop up while smiling. "Come on let's hug it out!"

He was shock at the offer but later on, he smiled and gave me a hug.

"Take care of my daughter."

"Of course i will."

--
Ciao

HOII HAPPY JENLISAA DAAYY HAHAHAHAA