04

"What kind of blonde should I dye my hair?"

"Why on earth would you want to dye your gorgeous dark hair?" I exclaimed as I sat in front of the mirror. "The amount of bleach you'll need to even change the tint would be severely damaging."

Ellie frowned as she sat on her bed and scrolled through her phone. She toyed with the ends of her hair, disappointment spreading across her features. "Ace just tweeted that he's into blondes."

I scoffed whilst applying mascara. "Clearly he's an ass— no, he's an Ace-hole."

"Hey! He complimented your hair colour." Ellie defended him, glaring at me.

I brushed through the tangles in my hair, staring at its tone in the mirror. "Yeah, I think maybe I should dye my hair now."

She pouted at her phone. "Fine, I won't dye my hair blonde, you can have him. I'll just have to find out what Greek Salad is into instead."

I rolled my eyes. "The only thing he's capable of being into is himself."

"He kept looking at me back at the arena." Ellie grinned, looking lost in her thoughts. "Maybe brunette is his type."

"For your sake, I hope it isn't because you deserve better than him."

Ellie tossed her phone aside, falling back on her bed. "I just want a guy who doesn't need anything from me and will spoil me rotten."

"What you're looking for, Ellie," I spritzed on some of her perfume before turning to face her. "Is a sugar daddy."

"Ew! How could you even say that without throwing up? Those creeps definitely get something from those naive girls." She grimaced, shaking her head.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." I raised my hands in surrender, standing up to straighten out my clothes and examine my appearance. "I'll help you find the perfect man. Don't you worry."

She rolled her eyes, glaring at me playfully. "Get out of here before I hire a hitman after you."

This was why I loved our friendship. We insulted each other without thinking twice. Anyone who overheard our conversations would think we hated one another or at the very least needed to be admitted into a mental institution.

I ruffled Ellie's hair on my way out of her room and she slapped my hands away, making me laugh.

"See you at work tonight!" I called, grabbing my bag and leaving the apartment.

It had been two days since the wrestling match. I'd stayed over at Ellie's ever since. I felt bad intruding especially since I wasn't paying any rent. But Ellie's roommate Veronica, who was paying half the rent, was out of town and Ellie insisted she wanted my company. I offered to pitch in some money but she'd told me to shut up or else she'd shove a fork down my throat.

Carter and I hadn't had the chance to hang out in a couple of days. We'd agreed to grab breakfast soon and catch up.

I was still actively searching for places to rent, but there were no openings that met my expectations nor budget.

I even checked back on Greek Salad's situation. Thankfully, I hadn't run into him since the match. And judging by how his ad remained up, he still hadn't found a roommate.

I couldn't wait to see him get evicted. Loser.

* * *

"Don't forget, your assignments are due next week. You can choose to work in pairs or individually." Professor Valentine announced as the class came to an end.