A Week Later

Hey everyone, I know I hadn't updated in HALF A YEAR and so thank you for reading. This is the last chapter. I was in a trauma rehab program and hospitalization for almost the entire time. My comic books kept me sane. I wrote this on paper and pen in the psychiatric ward. It kept me alive. Again, thank you for reading.

-----------------------------------------------------

"How are you doing, Little D?" Dick asked, sidling up to Damian, who was nursing a shocked elbow. Tears. Almost.

"I'm fine, Richard." 

"You're better than that." Dick consoled.

Damian nodded. "I'm damn good."

"Right." Dick agreed, hugging his youngest brother. Tim and Jason walked around the reflecting pool, together.

"Where's Dad?" Damian asked Dick.

"You mean 'father'?" Dick asked.

"Nope." Damian shook his head. He looked up. "I think he's earned being 'Dad." Anyone can be a father."

"Go ask them." Dick nudged, sending Damian across the pool deck. He noted his youngest brother walking with a severe limp.

"Hey! Ugly and Zombie." Damian shouted, hobbling up to his brothers. "Where's Dad?"

"What? In the-" Jason began.

"Oh my gosh!" Tim said. He thought of being a shit but decided against it. "Dad's in the infirmary."

Jason showed his watch. "He wakes from the med coma in fifteen minutes."

"Well, c'mon." Damian said. "What are you losers waiting for?! Dad's coming back around!"

Dick picked Damian up and they went down through the garden shed entrance. Alfred was connecting a slower dripping serum into the intravenous port.

Gently, Damian was set down in the chair beside their father.

They waited, Jason lightly tapping Bruce's foot under a clean cotton blanket and Tim and Dick holding their father's hand.

Bruce woke faster than he should have, but was a little out of it, trying to fight it.

"Dad." Damian said. "Dad!"

Bruce looked shocked and turned his head. "Damian Thomas Wayne- did you-" He looked around. Figures swirling. "Who's here?"

"Dick and Jay and Tim and...me."

Bruce sat up to Alfred's protests.

Dick stood and set Damian up on the lofted bed. The youngest boy took a deep breath.

"Are you boys okay?" Bruce asked. "Are you Damian?"

"Dad, you've been in a coma for 15 years. This is Damian's son, Bruce Jr."

"Hey! I would never name him that! His name would be Titus." Damian said, nose in the air.

At the mention of his name, the Great Dane padded over to say hello.

"Jay's kidding by the way." Tim said.

"Welcome home, Dad." Dick greeted, softly.

"Sleep well?" Jason asked.

Bruce laughed. "Yeah, for 15 years." He rubbed his eyes to finally see his sons. "How about you."

Damian grinned. "No nightmares." He felt a strong hand on his shoulder.

"Never again, Young Masters." Alfred said. "Never again."