Chapter 11- Hey There Delilah

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is Hey There Delilah, but my rewritten version, which we'll pretend is in Ace's POV so if you want to listen to the Karaoke version and read the lyrics as you go along that would be amazing. I'll leave the link here!  I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Niall's POV*

~June 28th 2010~

"Niall come on, we can't wait any longer."

"We can mom, please."

"We'll wait 15 more minutes, but no more. If she doesn't show up by then, I'm signing you up." My mom spoke again and then turned around, marking the end of that conversation. 

I kept trying to call her cellphone but it kept sending me to voicemail. I must've called a thousand times, but she still wasn't picking up. Maybe that meant that she wasn't coming, maybe I should listen to my mom and sign up for the boys' category. 

"The 15 minutes are up." My mom spoke again after we'd spent the last 15 minutes in silence, with me trying to call Ace over and over again.

"Let's go sign up." Chris added.

"Niall you're going to beat yourself up if you miss this opportunity. I know you're a great singer, you shouldn't let an opportunity like this slide. You'll regret it your whole life if you don't take it." She spoke calmly, and her words really resonated inside of me, she was right. This was a huge opportunity, and I had to take it, with or without Ace.

"Let's go on then." I said, finally standing up after contemplating my options. As we walked towards the sign up both I kept hoping she'd suddenly appear next to me so that we could sign up together, just like we always intended to. But of course, this never happened, she never showed up and I had to sign up all by meself. There goes our dream of winning the X Factor together, but at least I had a shot of winning it by meself and that was the only thing that kept me from breaking down on the spot.

~End of flashback~

"Casey come on, open up." I pounded on the door for like the 10th time. 

"Niall I'm serious, I'm not gonna open the door until you leave."

"Well then, you leave me with no other choice. I'm going to have to tell Jean that I can't record my songs here." I didn't like to threaten her with this. I obviously wasn't going to say anything to Jean, but I was desperate. I needed her to open the door, so I was going to try anything I could to get her to do it.

"You're not being serious are you?" I heard her speak through the closed door.

"Am I?"

"You wouldn't."

"You wanna bet?" And a few seconds after the words left my mouth, I heard the doorknob turning.

"Don't you dare, I'll lose my job."

"Thank you for opening the door." I smiled at her while she kept staring at me with her bloodshot eyes, trying to contain the tears. I guess she didn't want me to see her crying, guess some things never change.

"What the fuck do you want?"

"I want to apologize."

"Another lame ass apology? No thank you. I'd rather listen to anything else but that."