39 🌙 You just k-kissed...

Jules Martin

"What the hell happened here!" Coach said next, addressing a completely silent locker room.

"Zander happened. He threw his helmet at Jules." Levi said calmly, yet still visibly annoyed, and clearly not bothered whatsoever with ratting out Zander.

"He obviously didn't miss... Martin you're bleeding." What? "Are you alright?"

Fuck. I reached up to my cheekbone as soon as he pointed it out, sticky blood instantly speared onto my fingertips. "Shit." I widened my eyes at the sight of dark red coating my skin. "I'm n-n-not sure." I hesitantly answered him, hoping I didn't need any stitches because those things itch like a bitch.

"Pussy." Zander muttered under his breath, a clear smirk across his face.

That smirk was about to be wiped off his face though, and it did as soon as coach turned around, angerly. "Your dad has me under his thumb you say? Well, he can kiss my hairy ass!" He yelled while stomping over to him. "I have dealt with your shit long enough! Hand over your captain jersey." Oh wow. No way! He yelled once more, pointing his finger at Zander's face while loud gasps filled the room, everyone's eyes as wide as they could get.

"What?" Zander looked at him in complete shock while I pressed my lips together.

"Don't you speak English? You're not captain anymore until you get your act together, if you ever will. The team is losing and falling apart and it's because their captain is losing his mind over a silly girl!" Hey, she's anything but silly! "You act like a fucking child on and off the ice and I'm done! Done! And so are you! It's gonna be the bench for you until you earn my trust and theirs!" He pointed at all of us. Not sure if he ever will.

"You can't do this to me!" Zander still looked shocked, pure panic written all over his face.

"Watch me!" Coach yelled right at Zander's face.

"You're really going to bench me?" He laughed sarcastically, his spot on the team apparently not as safe as he thought. "Me? On the bench? That just not going to happen!" He shook his head, but I don't think he had a choice.

"Fine, you choose... It's either the bench until I say so, or you can leave for the rest of the season." As much as we were enjoying the drama, this threat was something we all felt, as not playing is all of our worst nightmare. Shit. "You don't have to decide now, but just take your stuff and leave, so we can clean up the mess you made." He didn't even let Zander answer and all of us watched him clench his jaw while grabbing his stuff and barging out of the room with grunts of frustration. The door harshly slamming shut behind him made coach roll his eyes. "So, Martin are you good?" He said, stepping towards me with a grimace on his face, his hand gently squeezing my shoulder. "Don't think it needs stitches, but make sure you don't go to bed with a bad headache." Yeah I know. "So." He cleared his throat while walking to the middle of the room? "Since Johnson is no longer with us as captain until... You know..." He sighed, disappointed that things had to go this way. "We'll have two alternate captains. "Levi Jackson, Jules Martin since you guys were to only two who managed to touch a damn puck today, the responsibility is yours." Uhmm, what did you say? Levi looked at me like he was thinking the exact same thing. "Your time to lead and shine. Don't disappoint." Coach Benson said sternly, with no emotion at all while both Levi and I were dying on the inside with joy, but somewhere I felt like I didn't deserve the win.

"Hey coach, what about me?" Ezra laughed as typical Ezra would do.

"Miller, being captain is a responsibility. You can't even tie your skates right." He answered dryly and the smile on Ez's face suddenly faded.