1. The new beginning.

I, a 16-year-old girl, had set my foot in the High School and my spectacles were scanning the route that I was travelling towards my classroom. My classmates were all unknown. I felt bad that I didn't have any of my ex-classmates of ex-school in my class but yes! They are at least in the other class of the school. But I knew that I won't be in much contact with them rather I'll find some new friends. So now all I could do is get adjusted to my new environment. This is what everybody does at the very beginning of a new life. Yes! This is my new life as now I am in High School and no longer a cry-baby who would suddenly start bursting into tears for no reason.

After seeing my name on the paper stuck on the door, I entered the classroom of Science A, hoping that this is the room I will be studying in. The classroom was as big as the playground of my previous school. I searched for a nice bench to settle down, kept my bag on the bench, removed my glasses, and left it on my desk. My poor spectacles were resting there until I returned from the washroom splashing a handful of water on my face. I came and saw that there was a bag on the desk and it was over my spectacles. As soon as I lifted that bag, "AHHHH..." I shrieked because they were the only companions who helped my eyes to see the things which were far from a Radius of 20 meters. Oh Yes! Let me tell you, I am suffering from Myopia.

I didn't squeal because they were broken, but by predicting what would my mother say to me after seeing them in pieces. "Why didn't you put them in your pocket?" "Why did you keep them on the desk and not in your bag?", "Don't you have any sense how to handle them..." and her scolding will go on. My mother is a woman whose senses are in a deep sleep unless I do something wrong.

There is no one to stop her as my dad works in the gulf and I don't have any siblings too who could support me. Anyways, Thank God that I don't have those idiots from the same mother because no siblings would protect from such a situation infect they would like to make it worse. Oh! I introduced to you my family too. And that's only me and my mom in a home sweet home. I'm sorry as I jumped on to a new topic of my family. So now let's continue from where my glasses broke.

I screamed and my old embarrassing habit came to wish a heartfelt sympathy to my dear spectacles. Are you wondering which old embarrassing habit? Oh, that's the cry-baby who started crying. "Oh Steffi, what did you do?", said one of her friends she was blabbering with. She got a feeling of melancholy and landed me her hand saying that "Don't worry, I'll surely repair it and make it a brand new one."

My heart melted and thought, "it won't be good to let her take that trouble of repairing" but on the other side, my cheeky mind thought, "She should repair the glasses because how can someone keep their bag on the desk while a huge space inside the desk and also on the bench is provided. Okay! Even if it had to be on the desk, couldn't she just have glimpsed there before placing her bag on it? What would have happened if there was a dead cockroach instead of my spectacles." There was a war between my heart and mind. What decision should I have taken at that moment?