Chapter 11

Chapter 11- Jake

Jake sat in Stacey's flat with a beer in hand watching football. Yesterday had been an eventful day and he was know hiding out as he was too beaten up to go anywhere unnoticed. He didn't want to draw any attention to himself. He hadn't been anywhere to get a phone and was contemplating just switching on his old one to check in on Carter and see if he had heard anything from the boys, that had been taken in. He was pretty worried as these boys hadn't been on his payroll all that long. They were young and inexperienced when it came to talking their way out of a situation and he was worried that once the police offered them a deal to give him up, that they wouldn't hesitate to stitch him up.

If that is what was to happen those boys would definitely be losing their tongues and possibly knee caps too, just for good measure.

He sat there for another forty five minutes, channel hopping before he threw the remote at the TV, got up and tipped the coffee table over knocking the few beer bottles, that he had gathered and the ashtray onto the floor. Jake walked into the bed room, grabbed some clothes and headed for the shower.

Once he had finished his hot shower, he felt relatively calmer but needed to get out of this flat and out of town while the heat dies down. So he got dressed picked up his car keys and headed out the flat and out to his car, not bothering to hold the door for a young girl with a baby in a pushchair and a load of shopping bags. The girl shouted out, "Wow you are such a gentleman ,the least you could of done was hold the door, asshole!"

Jake just flipped her off and got into his car. He wasn't sure where he was going to go but he would figure that out later right now he just needed to be away from that flat.

Fifteen minutes later he had pulled up to his own house, probably not the best decision since apparently he was a wanted man but 'fuck it' he thought. He needed clothes, money and to check in with Carter.

As he walked into his house he heard footsteps upstairs that were getting louder and then he saw Carter at the top of the stairs, buttoning his shirt and zipping up his flies. Jake just raised an eyebrow at Carter with a small smirk playing on his face and asked, "Having fun?"

"I was until you showed up"he joked. Carter was the only person that could speak to Jake like a normal person. He wasn't afraid of him like all his other minions. He had balls and was just as twisted as him. They were a pair of sick bastards and they loved it. They thought they were untouchable, they could walk into any establishment in town and would have people bending over backwards to make sure they were happy.

"Shit what happened to you?"

"Ben" he stated.

"Ben?"

"Stacey's BFF" he mocked.

"What the fuck and you let him? Why? What'd you do to him?"

"No I didn't let him dip shit. The kids got skills but i will be ready for him next time and that fucking slut"

"Stace? What's she done?" He frowned.

"What's with all the questions? Anyway this fun you were having?"he again raised his eyebrow.

"You always interrupt just when its getting good"

"Really? What's the situation?"

"Foxy little madam just turned sixteen. Perfect tits. She's a stunner"

"You fucked her?"

"No, as I said you always interrupt when its getting good"

"Oh well, when I'm finished you can have your fun, OK?"