4

"Is he saying anything?"

"Not a word."

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

"I don't like it," Steve says.

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony asks.

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop," Steve says.

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your thing, Pilates?" Tony asks, "It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, doing time as a Capsicle."

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in," Steve says.

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you," Tony says.

Thunder rumbles throughout the dark night sky. The wind picks up and shakes the jet.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha asks.

Loki looks around-- almost nervously. He fidgets in his seat.

"What's the matter? Are you scared of a little lighting?" Lauren asks.

She sits directly across from Loki and looks him dead in the eyes.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," He says.

She continues to examine him. Her eyes gaze past his. She can hear his thoughts poking around his brain... but she can't make sense of them.

A loud bang brings everyone's attention to the roof. Tony puts on his helmet and opens the rear of the jet.

"What are you doing?" Steve asks.

A muscular man with long blonde hair, a hammer, and a red caps then lands on the open jet. His features are almost god-like. Before Tony can blast him, the man hits him with his hammer. The blonde god sees the short brunette. His eyebrows furrow as his jaw locks. He grabs Loki by the neck and then flies off of the jet.

"And now there's that guy," Tony says.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha asks.

"That guy's a friendly?" Steve asks.

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost," Tony says.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack," Lauren says.

"I have a plan. Attack."

Tony jumps out of the jet and into the storming sky. Steve grabs a parachute and starts to put it on.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap," Natasha says.

"I don't see how I can," He says.

"These guys come from legend. They're basically gods," Lauren says.

"There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that," Steve says and then sky dives out of the plane.

Lauren chuckles as she stands at the edge of the jet.

" Men. They never listen."