36

The Queen

Historia brings out the killing blow by slashing her father's piece in the air. She lands on a wagon where she was met by the citizens, and was now introduced as the true and rightful queen.

Meanwhile at the wall, the friends celebrated with their victory against that titan. Erwin couldn't help but to smile in relief, this was the first time he really worked with Raven on a mission, and it was a success.

"I guess we have you to thank, Raven." Erwin says, he looks around and realised that the girl was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Raven?" He ask, starting to feel a little worried. All her friends was there, except for her.

"I saw her here with us, where did she go?" Jean says in confusion while turning his head to look for his friend.
Levi sighed in annoyance. 'That punk didn't even wait for me.'

"Relax, I know where she went." Levi said in a calm tone, it seemed to have eased Erwin, but also confused him. How come he didn't notice Levi is this close to his sister?

--

Kenny dropped on the ground weakly as he leans to a tree, his body was half burnt and his stomach slashed after that encounter with the Shadow. Just as he thought about it, a woman wearing a dark purple cloak appears. How ironic.

"I should've known you'd come for me too." Kenny tries to speak with all his injuries. "I heard what you did with Hendley and the others. I must say, I'm impressed. Not even the MPs managed to come after them."

Great, he's already dying. How am I supposed to enjoy this?

Raven ignored his blabbering and pulled off her hood, revealing her face. Kenny scoffs for a moment, he didn't realize the girl he failed to kill was the Shadow. This is also what he thought back in the underground chapel.

"Why am I not surprised, Ofcourse Preston Karpov was behind all this." He laughed to himself. Raven furrows her brows upon hearing Kenny's words. He knows about my grandfather?

"How do you know that." Raven asked, pulling out her gun. 'If he managed to kill my mother then all he has to know are the her strategies or skills, not her family background. So how does he know about Preston?'

Kenny let out a bitter smile as he eyes the blood that was flooding his stomach. "I know because Grace and I used to be friends." He says weakly.

Raven's POV

I eyed him furiously, with a swift move I snatched a dagger and threw it at him, landing on his shoulder as he groaned in pain. "You fucking take that back."

"I would, but then I'd be lying." He coughed off blood. I don't believe this. Kenny knew my mom, and he killed her?

Oh who am I to say that, I did the same thing to Carter.

"You should know, I even saw you back when you're a little kid. Who knew you'd grow up to be like this." He smirked as if telling that I'm a monster.

Wait, did he just say we've met before?

"Grace and I used to go to that tavern where assassins like us used to hang out. I'm sure you're aware, your mother was the best one. I fucking warned her to stay in being a contract killer." Kenny narrated, I don't understand why he's telling me all this. Maybe because he's already in the verge dying and has nothing to hide anymore.

"But the woman likes killing criminals too much. Something about making the walls a better place to live in. Then that's when she came across a powerful mob in rose." He says. The blue knight mob.