𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎, 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎

𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎

                    WHEN MAN STARTED TO PRAY TO THE UNSEEN GODS, THEY WERE GIFTED THE PIECE OF EVOLUTION THEY DID NOT KNOW EXISTED.  There are those who are mundane, and those who possess abilities unlike any other.  The gifted have been named the Risen, seen as those holy enough that rose above all others.  The Risen are known to be able to manipulate the elements, some being able to expand their power beyond just the air or fire.

          But there are others with much more wicked gifts, those called Shades.  They are able to deceive another person's mind and warp reality for their own.  Most hold the ability to go into other people's dreams and thoughts; others can blend into the darkness that the mundane have said their magic comes from.

          The true darkness is growing and the Shades have gone into hiding, praying never to be found by a royal soldier, or much worse, the Assassin's Guild.  A power hungry king is shown the truth of the Risen and the Shades when his wife is found dead, drowned in the fountain in front of their very home.  With suspicion of a Risen being the murderer, the King finds not all darkness belongs to the Shades and some of his closest allies are more sinful than he believed.

          Seeing the error of his ways, the King sends out fleets of ships with the purpose to bring back six Shades, the only six that don't quite hide as much as the others.  No Shade would ever be taken without a fight, and no Shade will willingly expose their magic knowing the Assassin's Guild kills on sight.

          Rasmira is a Shade, a powerful one that walks through dreams that do not belong to her.  Though she does not speak of her magic, Rasmira is known as a Shade for the markings on her right arm, the only sign for an assassin to follow.  Hiding her markings is the easy part, but running from royal soldiers is not.

          Being captured is any Shades biggest fear, and Rasmira is no exception.  But being captured by the Guild and being told she will become a spy may exceed her horrific expectations of the King.  The journey back to the capital is filled with beasts, assassins, and pirates, all that want the Shades and the King's men dead.

          Before reaching land to meet the King, the group of Shades meet a being they fear more than the King, the Sun Mage.  Stories of the Sun Mages power have spread across the continent and every Shades has feared the man they have never met.

          When a kingdom is at its knees, only the scorned can save it.