IV

Weeks had passed

Weeks had passed. The couple was living a beautiful and peaceful life. Azlan and Aya were the happiest they had ever been in their lives.

Azlan got Aya admitted to one of the top universities in the country. Upon asking, he had replied, 'I don't want my wife to feel less than anyone. She should be able to achieve her goals.'

Aya was content with Azlan and his presence. Her heart unknowingly started beating for her husband. Azlan's love for Aya was growing day by day. Once his house was now a place he could call home. Where he knew someone was waiting for him to come back to them.

The duo still hadn't consummated their marriage. Both wanted to know about each other's past before becoming one.

The thought of digging into the past was scaring Azlan. He didn't want to recall the memories he had of that hell.

It was another fine evening. Aya was in the kitchen, making Azlan's favorite butter chicken with fried rice (Imma make a recipe book). It was the second week of her college. She was doing a master's in Business management and administration.

Even though Azlan had told her not to work in the kitchen, she loved to do his work. Their relationship was equal. If she did his chores, he would do anything he could to help her.

It was almost time for her husband to return. Turning the stove off, she went to get ready.

Wearing a flamingo pink kameez with cream pants and a dupatta draped around her shoulder, she left her hair open. Azlan loved her hair. Playing with them while cuddling her at night became his habit.

She applied two strokes of mascara with nude lipstick. Giving a last glance, she went towards the kitchen to make garlic naan for Amna Bi, who came for a visit. Amna Bi was getting old, doing house chores was tiring for her. Azlan sent her to her daughter's house while promising to take care of her expenses.

Cross my heart, hope to die

To my lover, I'd never lie

He said "be true", I swear I will try

In the end, it's him, and I

He's out his head, I'm out my mind

We got that love, the crazy kind

I am his, and he is mine

In the end, it's him, and I

...........

My '65 speeding up the PCH, A hell of a ride

They don't wanna see us make it. They just wanna divide

2017 Bonnie and Clyde

Wouldn't see a point of living on if one of us died.

Got that kind of style everybody try to rip off