Chapter seven

Hey Guys!

Happy Saturday, get ready for some Elizabeth and Anthony moments! Enjoy : 😉 _______________________________________________________________________

"Lizzie, if you keep staring out the window with such intensity you may go crossed eyed" Simon said, leaning his head back against his hand. "What's troubling you?"

Elizabeth shot him an irritated look from her position in the carriage across from him and her aunt as they ventured to Lady Trowbridge's ball. "What did the Viscount wish to speak to you about?" she leaned forward.

Simon her waved off and then shooting her aunt an amused looked. "Why do you care about the Viscount?" he asked.

Why did she care? She thought. This man had irritated her since the moment she had met him. so what was it that had bothered her? why should she care what Simon and Anthony had spoken about? She shrugged, in response.

"Busybody" he muttered.

"hmm" Her aunt pondered studying Elizabeth's face.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?" Elizabeth raised her brows.

"You'll find out soon enough" She laughed looking at a now confused Simon and Elizabeth.

The carriage came to a halt and the door opened by a footman distracting her from responding to her aunt.

"Shall we?" Her aunt quipped.

Elizabeth and Her aunt on both arms of The Duke as they entered the ball. They walked towards the Bridgertons, where an excited Daphne stood upon seeing Simon and a stern-faced Anthony.

"A Dance Miss Bridgerton?" Simon asked immediately and before Anthony could protest, her aunt had successfully engaged him in conversation knowing too well he would not ignore her or interrupt her in such a public venue.

"I would love to your grace" Daphne beamed before the pair moved towards the ballroom floor leaving the rest of them behind.

"Miss Priestly, you look positively breathtaking. May I have this dance?" Collin smiled taking her gloved hand to kiss.

Anthony could see Elizabeth's cheeks begin to blush at the devilish charm in Colin's compliment. He took a rather uncharitable displeasure in this. His reaction was, he knew, a touch out of character for him. Miss Priestley had on multiple occasions sparked his temper, which always made him positively itch to do battle with her. So why did care that his brother had asked her to dance?

"I would love to sir" and with that, the pair departed to the ballroom floor joining a now-dancing Simon and Daphne.

"Now then," Collin said, once their feet began to move in the familiar step. "Please tell me your secret?"

Elizabeth looked up at him with confusion, an unreasonable panic grew. What secret? Did she have a secret?

"I am confused Sir? What secret?"

"How are you able to bother my brother with such ease." he laughed. "I must say I was so impressed with your display at our dinner! I have never seen my brother lose his temper in such a manner before"

He grinned "It was most entertaining to watch. I do believe he has met his match"

His match? She thought. Elizabeth held silent for a few moments; she was most certainly not his match she had decided.

"Yes, well your brother has a talent for irritation" she mumbled still half in thought.

Collin laughed once more.