Part 26

Ye-Ji's Point of View

I video called my parents after I arrived at Jin's apartment. My father was enjoying his five seconds of fame while my mother didn't take it that well and I didn't blame her. There were always people standing nearby our house and this morning, my father was throwing out the thrash and right after he came in, someone was rummaging through it but the guard managed to chase them out. I felt sorry for both of them, especially my father who had a weak heart and both of them were missing Ye-Ji to their bones. 

Text Message

Boss - Ye-Ji, I am sorry that you had to go through this but do you mind re-considering working here? Your team mates keep on getting harassed by their fans. It's quite disturbing for everyone.
Ye-Ji - But I am just working from home, how does this impact the rest of the staff?
Boss - I am sorry, but I can't risk my staff like this. Please consider sending your resignation letter tomorrow.

I was dumfounded with my boss' request. 

Great, now what?

I threw my phone on the bed and turned on my iPad that had been sitting in my handbag for quite sometime. I started scrolling through the gossip columns to ease my mind. (Bad idea!?) but I was in a self-destruct mode, so why not just push myself to edge to completely destroy myself at this point. It had all sorts of headlines and I can just confirm on the spot that all of it was false.

'Jin of BTS to reconcile with ex-wife'

'Jin of BTS to retire sooner than expected'

'Jin of BTS contract is not going to be renewed'

I was still glad no one was mentioning about Ara, so I guess whatever special arrangement Jin had, it sort of worked. I started to go through other pages and then I found myself looking plane tickets.

"Ugh things would be better if I stayed in London", I said to myself.

"That won't be better for me, tho"

I jumped the moment I heard Jin's voice from the back. I turned around and saw him standing inches away from me. 

"Are you thinking of leaving again?", he asked.

I shook my head, "Nah, just thinking things would've been better if I didn't come back. Anyways, I thought you were at the dorm?"

He bent over and switched off my iPad, "I got bored", he said as he trailed out of the room.

"Kinda missed you too", he mumbled.

I looked at him twice and he was already out of the room, "What did you say?"

He looked at me and shook his head, "Nothing. I wanna order food, you want anything?"

After ordering an unhealthy amount of food, we started watching TV and you just can't believe the crazy headlines. Some were quite extreme while others were very supportive of Jin and his career. Some wished him well and there were others who agreed with Jin should quit sentiment but Jin didn't look affected with the news. He just laughed it off.

"Maybe I can start acting after this", he joked.

"Well, you should. It's been on hold for a while now", I responded.

He rolled his eyes and the bell rang. 

"Oh it's our food, could you please go and take it while I go grab some cash", he said as he got up.

I didn't think of anything so I opened the door and there were 4 girls in front of the door with the phones up on my face. Shit, these were the sasaengs. I was about to close the door when Jin came to me.

"What's wrong? Here's the m-", Jin stopped as he realized what was going on. 

"OMG JIN! Ye-Ji is staying here with you?"

"Hey guys as you can see here we are Jin's house and his ex-wife is here", the girl said to whoever it was on the phone.

I completely froze after I realized what was happening. Jin pulled me to the back and quickly locked the door. He started making some calls while I just stood there, trying to gather myself up. 

I was still trying to figure who the girl was talking to on the phone and that was when I realized, it was Instagram live.

"Jin, that was Instagram live", I told him.

He paused his phone call and looked at me, "Don't worry, I'll handle it"

Jin made calls after calls and that was when I remembered to check my phone, it had few missed calls from Ara's school. My heart sunk when I saw the amount of missed calls so I quickly called them back.

'Miss. Cho, I think you should come to pick up Ara from school. Someone tipped off the news channel, people have started to crowd the area'